Vegan Sandwhiches?

Connor Innes

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey, I always make my own but sometimes it's just more convenient to buy a sandwich but all I can find are Hummus and Falafel. Does anyone know of other ones you can buy and how often do you buy sandwiches?

Reactions: HumanoidTowers
Everywhere I've looked appear to have organs in, where are you purchasing these sandwiches from?

If I have to buy food... It's normally something like a microwaved potato with Mexican beans, maybe cheese if I can find it.

I hand-blend chick peas and garden peas, garlic and ginger into a purée. Added to that is couscous, chopped cucumber and baby plum tomatoes. Turmeric, coriander and fenugreek in tablespoons. Olive oil. Mix it all together. Fashion a nice hump the length of a tortilla wrap. Add nine or ten T.V.P. chunks that have been soaked in turmeric and Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce and microwaved for five minutes; wedge 'em in the top of said hump. Finish off with a generous squirting of Flying Goose Brand Super Hot Chilli Sauce. A big bowl of this stuff lasts for yonks in the fridge. I never buy any prepared stuff. Put some music on, get the hand-blender out. Make a weeks' worth.

Hey,

I personally think that one should buy Vegetable Sandwich . Incase you are bored with the regular sandwich try Hummus with some flavours like add Pepper,Avocado,Cilantro,beetroot. Trust me you will love it. I make these type of Hummus and not only use in sandwiches but also as dips for myself. as its healthier option.

The only vegan sandwiches I have "bought" from a grocery have been those at progressive alternative healthfood stores that have a deli with labeled vegan sandwiches. One was a quinoa, raisin, carrot type sandwich. Often is is hummus, olive, cucumber sandwiches. Once at a restaurant I had a tempeh lettuce tomato and vegan mayo sandwich. Otherwise there are a ton of different vegan commercial burger patties out there. In the U.S. Bocca burgers are popular, and there is Amy's products, Dr. Praegers, Field Roast, Beyond Meat, Gardenburger, and others. I have had frozen Amy's vegan burritos. They even have a gluten free vegan burrito. for bread, I buy vegan hot dog and hamburger buns from Rudi's Organic bakery bread brand (not all their bread is vegan but many are). I also use Ezekiel and Food for Life bread. Otherwise, more often than not, I make my own bread and tortillas and buns.

Some sandwiches I commonly make:

sliced avocado, sliced tomato, black pepper, onion slice

sliced tempeh, sauteed savoy cabbage, sauerkraut sandwiches

tons of homemade bean burgers (my favorite is white bean, shredded carrot, cornmeal, chive patties), often with vegan mayo or just lettuce and tomato etc

hummus, olive, red pepper, sprouts

peanut butter and banana or apple or raisin

chickpea salad sandwich with Just Mayo vegan mayo, black pepper, mashed chicpeas, celery, onion

pizza sandwiches: black olives, roasted pepper, roasted onion, tomato paste, mushroom on toasted bun

roasted chickpea, pineapple, yellow squash, bell pepper with pineapple mustard sauce all in a ciabetta toasted bun

broiled marinaded in liquid smoke and soy sauce portobello mushroom and onion sandwich, sometimes with vegan mayo

homemade falafal patties

Sweet potato, kale, black bean burrito

canned fat free refried pinto beans, brown rice, diced tomato or salsa wrapped in a burrito with spices like cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika

You are a life saver for sandwiches, I've been really limited since becoming vegan. @Damo You can buy some in big Saintsbury's and budgens

Hmmm... I'll have to scout around the next time I'm shopping. :innocent:

I bake a couple pounds of tofu just abut every week (sliced, seasoned, drizzled with olive oil) and keep it in the fridge. Makes quickie sandwiches with some lettuce and tomato.

Actually, down here in Florida Publix grocery has a place on their web site where you can build a veggie sub and place an order, then go pick it up. Real handy.

There's a vegan onion bhaji sandwich in some branches of WHSmith's - might be mainly train station stores.

I have the same issue trying to find veggie sandwiches. Instead of shopping for something pre-made (bc I don't like any fake or real lunch meats), I like to make large batches of chickpea salad for a full week of sandwiches. It is absolutely amazing, vegan and better than any tuna salad or egg salad sandwiches I've eaten in my past! I use THIS recipe from ilovevegan.com.

I don't buy any prepared foods - I make everything myself. That way I know what I'm eating. I do this more to avoid chemicals and anything else non-vegan that might be hidden in the food.

If you live in the UK, Waitrose normally tend to have quite a good selection of vegan lunches, or more than most places anyway!

A man after my own heart. It has been driving me bananas that I am either faced with zero choice or falafel only choice. Fresh hot falafel = yum!!! But, dry small always the same tasting store bought falafel = UGH. I'm taking it one step further and looking into launching my own plant based sandwich company next year. That aside, I find Pret has become very good with it's selection. Someone told me about Crussh recently and that they offer some pretty epic sambos. Benugo does a pretty awesome wrap too. There is still a lot of work to be done to give vegans the same choice as meat and dairy eaters, I just wish people would be a little more inventive you know? So hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll help to change all that some time next year ;)

Hey, I always make my own but sometimes it's just more convenient to buy a sandwich but all I can find are Hummus and Falafel. Does anyone know of other ones you can buy and how often do you buy sandwiches?

I was wondering about this too. I like sandwiches but I can never think of what to put on one. And since we have very few vegetables available here, I just don't know what to use. *I live with 2 meat lovers*. I heard chickpeas can be used with sandwiches but I have no idea how. I think I will try to experiment with this and see what works.

I was wondering about this too. I like sandwiches but I can never think of what to put on one. And since we have very few vegetables available here, I just don't know what to use. *I live with 2 meat lovers*. I heard chickpeas can be used with sandwiches but I have no idea how. I think I will try to experiment with this and see what works.
You can make chickpea tuna using chickpeas and salt, some lemon peel or juice and anything with a fishy type association like seaweed/nori. Mayonnaise and some sweetcorn and it is lovely. Add cucumber and lettuce if possible.

I like toasting some good bread and spreading vegetarian refried beans on both slices, then topping with baby spinach, cucumbers, radishes, and sometimes red beets.

I make my own sandwiches for lunch, but if I'm running late I will run over to the deli and order a BLT then ask them to substitute avocado instead of the bacon (does that make it an ALT?). It's yummy!