Vegan or Not?

Jazzyheather

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
I am transitioning slowly but surely to Veganism. I had bought some Boca Burgers and I am confused as to whether they are Vegan or not. I went online to read and I received conflicting answers. Some said they were and some said they weren't. What are your thoughts?
Thanks,
Jazzyheather

I have never seen this product and I am not sure, but as far as what can be seen online it looks they are vegan, but cannot be 100% sure they are 100% vegan. I saw a discussion on another forum that there was a boca burger that had 1% cholesterol, which could mean not vegan, but another had 0% cholesterol. To be sure you would have to check the list of ingredients carefully, or ask the company.

As you are only transitioning you should be fine to eat the ones you have already bought at least.

Did you buy the ones with vegan in the title like BOCA Original Vegan Veggie Burgers? if not its safe to assume they probably have some dairy or egg in them. I know a lot of otherwise vegan burgers slip some egg in there as a binding agent.