Vegan "Just Egg" begins television advertising

I haven’t had just mayo in forever, but I did get a bunch of their eggs recently.

My daughter picked up Just Egg for me and it has a very short shelf life. Since they sell frozen Just Egg patties…not in any of my local stores of course…I’m thinking of cooking up some individual serving size omelets and freezing them. This should work, right?
I hate that I can’t keep in the refrigerator to use for baking or to dip/coat other things like eggplant or tofu. It’s hard to coordinate when I’m able to make something with the availability of Just Egg.

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
I also don't buy Just Egg cause of the short shelf life.
The frozen Foldables I keep in the freezer and I have them as a weekly breakfast treat.

Reactions: KLS52
I wish I could find the frozen ones here.

I wonder if you can order them online.
Vegan Essentials has them. I’m going to make some from the liquid and try freezing them. What’s the worst that can happen? Lol

While Just Mayo or their dressings are no where to be found 🙄
Stupid eggs....
I know this an old thread, but I wondered whether you'd tried making Mayo? It's really not difficult. Vegan Mayo is widely available here in the UK now, but it's always packaged in awful plastic bottles. I've found the couple of brands I've tried over-tangy and slightly chemically, as well, so I've continued to make my own. I only do small quantities and it's good for a week in the fridge.

I know this an old thread, but I wondered whether you'd tried making Mayo? It's really not difficult. Vegan Mayo is widely available here in the UK now, but it's always packaged in awful plastic bottles. I've found the couple of brands I've tried over-tangy and slightly chemically, as well, so I've continued to make my own. I only do small quantities and it's good for a week in the fridge.
Oh heck yes.
What kind are you making? I'm wanting the simple oil, soy milk, lemon juice that I've only had success making like a cups worth with an immersion and separates within a week
I don't want the tofu recipes, or the aquafaba, or beans......
I have succumbed to original Veganaise,still in glass jars, but Just was the best!!!
I've had the other Veganaise types, Earth Balance (I like it, son doesn't), and the worst of the worst- Hellmans vegan!

Reactions: danceswithcats
Oh heck yes.
What kind are you making? I'm wanting the simple oil, soy milk, lemon juice that I've only had success making like a cups worth with an immersion and separates within a week
I don't want the tofu recipes, or the aquafaba, or beans......
I have succumbed to original Veganaise,still in glass jars, but Just was the best!!!
I've had the other Veganaise types, Earth Balance (I like it, son doesn't), and the worst of the worst- Hellmans vegan!
I should have said!

I do a little soya milk with a smidgen of mustard, and a splash of white wine vinegar and salt and pepper, in a powerful blender. Then I add a bland oil - I use sunflower, usually - in about 2 or 3 tablespoon glugs, and whizz on highest speed. I just keep adding oil and blending until it firms up.

There's nothing in it that's going to go off too soon. It gets a bit firmer in the fridge. I use it in my work sandwiches, now I'm back at work, so I'm not having it sitting in the fridge for so long, but it tastes fine for at least a week.

just mayo is back, I got 2 jars of it in the fridge. I'm not sure if they've had a recipe change, but I think it used to taste better. Vegenaise is king of vegan mayo.
Vegan Hellman's is back too, I even thought that tasted better than Just Mayo.

I should have said!

I do a little soya milk with a smidgen of mustard, and a splash of white wine vinegar and salt and pepper, in a powerful blender. Then I add a bland oil - I use sunflower, usually - in about 2 or 3 tablespoon glugs, and whizz on highest speed. I just keep adding oil and blending until it firms up.

There's nothing in it that's going to go off too soon. It gets a bit firmer in the fridge. I use it in my work sandwiches, now I'm back at work, so I'm not having it sitting in the fridge for so long, but it tastes fine for at least a week.
Yes, that's what I've made, but I find an immersion blender is easier for smaller amounts. I never have the same results from the same action though-sometimes it lasts, others times it separates. Not something I want to make myself. I want a jar to just sit there and be there when I want it--whether next week or the next couple months.
I have to say, I mostly liked Just because it was $3.50 for a 24 oz jar. Still think it tasted best

My daughter picked up Just Egg for me and it has a very short shelf life. Since they sell frozen Just Egg patties…not in any of my local stores of course…I’m thinking of cooking up some individual serving size omelets and freezing them. This should work, right?
It works. I have four patties in the freezer and had one for breakfast with a gardein sausage patty on toast. :lick:

Last edited: