Package Exchange Vegan Fall Package Exchange

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hear ye! Hear ye! It's time for the very first VV annual fall bag and goody exchange!
:clp:
A time when VVers send their friends a bag containing a special treat to fill their hearts with joy!!
:starshower:

First and foremost, a few guidelines:
In order to participate there are a few requirements:

*Joined VV prior to the post of this thread, and have made at least 20 posts.If you've successfully sent a box in Secret Santa of past vegan exchanges, then you will be exempt from this requirement. If you're close to meeting the requirements, please do send me a PM ;maybe we can work something out.

*If you have failed to send a package in a previous exchange, please PM me before signing up.

*If you're under 18, please get your parents' permission first.

*Please do not sign up if you know you won't be able to send a package. We're aiming to have 3 or 4 exchanges a year, so you'll have another chance to participate.

*It's not necessary to be a vegan to participate in the exchange, but any item sent must be vegan.

*A cap of$10-15 total (USD), not including shipping is suggested. Homemade items are welcome too..don't feel that you can't participate if this is too steep for you. Please note that shipping internationally can easily be $25 or more in itself. If you are concerned about this, please request someone within your own country.

* You will select an inexpensive reusable bag and fill with a treat of your choosing or per your receiver's answers from the Q&A thread which will be started shortly after matches are received.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, if all this sounds good to you, join in the fun by sending a PM to sallyomally including the following information:

*Your VV name

*your real name

*your address

*whether you are willing and/or prefer to ship internationally

*any particular dislikes, food allergies, and so forth

*anyone with whom you do not wish to be paired (for instance, someone you've exchanged with in the past)

Important Dates:

--Last day to sign up: Monday, August 6th

--Matches received by Wednesday, August 8th

--packages received by: Monday, September 24th

:pbun:And there you have it! Pancake Bunny says,"Let's hop to it!"

Reactions: Muggle
Silly question, but I am still getting used to this setup... how do I PM you? I went to your profile page and couldn't find the option to do so.

Forgot to ask.. do you all want to keep your identities secret? I kind of like the surprise element, but let me know what you think.

I don't really mind if the identities are known or not. It doesn't matter to me if I know ahead of time.

I would prefer to swap with a person from another country as I would worry that I would send the same bag to a person in my own country.:eek::D I also would prefer to receive a bag I might not be able to get over here.:) I should say this in the PM really.:p

Surprise is fine, but in this instance, since it's not a huge exchange, I don't think it's as big of a deal, as say a Secret Santa package around Christmas time.

Sounds good. Let's just say we'll save the secret identity part for the Christmas exchange. We can still ask our match questions if need be,but won't worry about a special log in.

OK now... where are the rest of you? What are you waiting for? Come on, don't be shy! :wave::doggy:

I wish this thread was in a different area on the forum. I'm not sure where exactly , but I feel like people might be missing it? It's somewhat hidden and honestly I didn't notice it on several occasions until it came up in the "whats new" feed. I know that there were several people interested in this, yet I haven't seen them post yet.

I wish this thread was in a different area on the forum. I'm not sure where exactly , but I feel like people might be missing it? It's somewhat hidden and honestly I didn't notice it on several occasions until it came up in the "whats new" feed. I know that there were several people interested in this, yet I haven't seen them post yet.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there a nice moderator out there who can help us move this thread ?

Reactions: thefadedone