Vegan Chicken Food Suppliers

Talalbazzi12

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Been meaning to make vegan chicken but can't seem to get it down despite having numerous recipes. Anyone know of some vegan chicken products? who are the food suppliers? etc. Thank you!

I love these, can be directly subbed for cooked chicken after rehydrating. Whole food, just textured non gmo soy-
I also like vegan Quorn chik'n patties, Boca Chik;n, and Aldi's chik'n patties and nuggets.
If you want to make them, I suggest this seitan recipe--
https://avocadosandales.com/2017/12/17/chickwheat-shreds/--These do require a stand mixer with a dough hook or a strong food processor--or be really patient making in small parts to knead

My favorite "chicken" flavored faux meat are the Aldi chickenless patties.

But, to me, the taste of "chicken" is poultry seasoning. I use it when making "chicken" and dumplings (no faux chicken, just dumplings and assorted veggies cooked in a poultry seasoning flavored broth/gravy). That also serves as the basis for my "chicken" pot pies.

Reactions: PTree15
My favorite "chicken" flavored faux meat are the Aldi chickenless patties.

But, to me, the taste of "chicken" is poultry seasoning. I use it when making "chicken" and dumplings (no faux chicken, just dumplings and assorted veggies cooked in a poultry seasoning flavored broth/gravy). That also serves as the basis for my "chicken" pot pies.
I agree on the poultry seasoning. I use it when I want that flavor in seitan for the buffalo nuggets I make.
As far as store-bought, my favorite is the Boca chik'n patties. I also like Gardein's 7-grain tenders.

Been meaning to make vegan chicken but can't seem to get it down despite having numerous recipes. Anyone know of some vegan chicken products? who are the food suppliers? etc. Thank you!

What went wrong with the recipes that you tried ? Seitan isn't difficult to make, just a bit messy and time consuming.;) You can also freeze it
which is a life saver when making a dish. It also works out far cheaper compared to mock meats which are available in shops.
You don't say where you live but in the UK I particularly like Oumph products ( they don't call the latter beefless, or chick'n) Quorn, Aldi chick'n style products.

In the Us, I like Boca chic'n patties( they seem popular and are inexpensive), Quorn, Gardein; chili & lime tenders & their 7 grain tenders. Aldi chick'n products which are just as tasty as Gardein, but much cheaper.:)

I love these, can be directly subbed for cooked chicken after rehydrating. Whole food, just textured non gmo soy-
I also like vegan Quorn chik'n patties, Boca Chik;n, and Aldi's chik'n patties and nuggets.
If you want to make them, I suggest this seitan recipe--
https://avocadosandales.com/2017/12/17/chickwheat-shreds/--These do require a stand mixer with a dough hook or a strong food processor--or be really patient making in small parts to knead

I've never tried soya curls. Can you buy them in stores or only online ?

I've never tried soya curls. Can you buy them in stores or only online ?
They have a list of retail stores, only seems to be the really small coops and private owned health food shops.
They are very different from TVP. Really have what I would think is a roasted chicken texture, but don't trigger me. My son used to buy Beyond Chik;n strips and I couldn't go near them, I thought they smelled, and looked just like chicken.These kinda do, but you flavor them, so ......I like them a lot

They have a list of retail stores, only seems to be the really small coops and private owned health food shops.
They are very different from TVP. Really have what I would think is a roasted chicken texture, but don't trigger me. My son used to buy Beyond Chik;n strips and I couldn't go near them, I thought they smelled, and looked just like chicken.These kinda do, but you flavor them, so ......I like them a lot

I've never seen small health food shops in the places that I visited whilst I was in CA. I would have loved to have tried them.;)