Vegan by Location

LukethePrettyGood

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
A wonderful forum heading would be 'Vegan by Location.' It would be an excellent way to build vegan friend networks, discuss vegan restaurants and food choices in the area, and discuss local vegan and cruelty current events.

In addition, it can also function as an action network, providing information on rallies, market places and as a hub to launch these, also.

Has any thought been given to creating this forum? Is it here, and I'm just missing it?

Thanks

Reactions: Second Summer
Happy Cow and FaceBook are probably the two things to check first.

Last year I discovered Meetup. There are Meetup groups all over the place. Get the Meetup app and start playing around with it. I haven't joined any Vegan Meetup groups yet but I think there are at least three near me.

Happy Cow and FaceBook are probably the two things to check first.

Last year I discovered Meetup. There are Meetup groups all over the place. Get the Meetup app and start playing around with it. I haven't joined any Vegan Meetup groups yet but I think there are at least three near me.

Thank you, I haven't heard of Happy Cow, so am glad you mention it and will check it out. Was specifically wondering about forums on this site, though. Thanks for the info!

The Globetrotting forum is not visible unless you have the direct URL above. It's one of the forums from Veggie Views that I didn't quite manage to fit in here after the merge between the two boards. One of the reasons is I never felt quite happy with the name - 'globetrotters' seems to imply travelling, which is part of the idea behind the forum, but the other idea is for it to function as a resource for the area where you live, like you suggested, Luke.

I might try and find a place for it now, and maybe I could rename it to something else - 'vegan by location' is not a bad idea.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
The Globetrotting forum is not visible unless you have the direct URL above. It's one of the forums from Veggie Views that I didn't quite manage to fit in here after the merge between the two boards. One of the reasons is I never felt quite happy with the name - 'globetrotters' seems to imply travelling, which is part of the idea behind the forum, but the other idea is for it to function as a resource for the area where you live, like you suggested, Luke.

I might try and find a place for it now, and maybe I could rename it to something else - 'vegan by location' is not a bad idea.
Wow, that would be awesome! I love your signature line, btw.

Reactions: Second Summer
That's ... good, I guess ... if your location is either "UK/Eire", "US", or "Other countries" ...

Not saying I think it's bad, I just don't know how far it really goes to fulfil the request posed in this thread...
(Let me apologize for being negative)

The reason for special sub-forums for certain countries/areas is that we have lots more members from those places, and if we added a sub-forum for every country, then there would be a large number of sub-forums, most of which would be empty or with very low traffic. So instead, let's add sub-forums for other countries/areas later if we get more posts for those places (in Other countries).

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T and shyvas