Vegan Artists

View attachment 24490
Dana Ellyn

“I became a vegetarian in 2001 and a vegan in 2013. It was this shift from vegetarianism to veganism that influenced my art to start focusing primarily on the issues of animal rights.
I have consistently been a champion of veganism through my art. I have always been a narrative painter and each painting has a story to tell.
My underlying message throughout is ‘Why do we love some animals and eat others?’

Veganism inspires my art, it is my passion.”
Hi Dana,

What a beautiful work of art you got, the concept is educative and filled with empathy. Your undying message is the question I keep playing in my head, one that reveals the flawed decisions of man. Why do I keep a dog as a pet, and I love to eat a cow? How do I justify my choices, how do I live with the knowledge that my pet could just be scared of me because I eat his kind.

I guess the first step man took in order to not feel any guilt in the murder of animals, was to change their pronouns to 'it'. That way, they are seen as objects, objects of gratification. Please understand one thing, I am as guilty as everyone, because I did partake of flesh eating pleasures, and my transition isn't going to make me a saint overnight, so if anyone were to point a finger, you have to start with me.

I really look forward to seeing more art from you, I am also an artist, I paint with biological materials, plant based materials instead. I might share a piece of art of mine, that addresses the issues of body stigma, discrimination and rejection, all as a result of scars. Thank you for using your art to shed more light, we need more of these to show the whole world the truth that springs out from a plant-based diet.

Peace & Love
Cyril

View attachment 24498
Andrew Tilsey

“I believe that the problematic, inconsistent relationship that humans have with other animals is the most important issue affecting all of us today. The way that many people disregard even the basic sentience of non-human animals, and actively debase anything which is ‘different’ to them, is the platform from which all abuse and exploitation is justified – including the mistreatment of other humans.
We are living in so-called civilised and enlightened times, yet, despite the efforts of the few, we are continuing to destroy everything which is natural and beautiful at an ever increasing pace. Overall, populations of wild animals have halved in the last decade, with more and more species being added to lists of the endangered. And this, at a time when awareness of conservation issues is greater than ever before.

I would like my artwork to engender a sense of humility, to encourage people to examine how comfortable they are with the way they treat other species. Humans aren’t better or superior to other animals; indeed, as humans are the only species to routinely practise genocide, warfare, sexual abuse and environmental destruction, a very good argument could be made that we are the inferior ones.”

Andrew, vegan artist and biologist
You are being redirected...
What a statement Andrew, you have said it all. Man might just be the inferior one, if he can't make a decision that protects his environment or his neighbor. What if the roles were reversed, how would man feel if he was the hunted and the turkey the hunter? That is how I interpret your awesome piece of art. Vibrant colors with an underlying message that calls for reflection and dialogues.

Keep up the work, and I believe that you would touch a lot with your art.

Peace & Love
Cyril

329369138_731637731658010_3406779117744288592_n.jpg

Fox In The Snow-Marie Denise Ashby