(US) National Hot Dog Day (July 23)

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Tuesday, July 23 is National Hot Dog Day. http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/July/hotdogday.htm

I suggest we all celebrate National Hot Dog Day by enjoying our favorite veggie hot dog and by promoting veggie hot dogs to everyone. A lot of people know about veggieburgers, because there are a million of them in the stores now, but they probably don't realize that there are veggie hot dogs as well. You can get a veggieburger in a lot of restaurants, but rarely a veggie hot dog. This is something I'd like to see. I want a veggie hot dog, dammit!

Okay, moving on. What's your favorite brand of veggie hot dog, or veggie sausage, since the sausage is the progenitor of today's hot dog?

And what do you like on your veggie hot dog?

My favorite: Tofurky Italian Sausage. With lots of mustard and relish. :)

I'm hungry now. :drool:

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I'm in...I have a bunch in my freezer. :)

I do the Italian Sausage in sausage and peppers.

Simple with 2-3 peppers red and green, a couple cloves of garlic, white onion, a can on stewed tomatoes and lots of spices.

I think I have some Yves dogs in the freezer. I need to remember to take them out to thaw. Hopefully I have some beans so I can make beanie weenies. :lick:

I'd kinda prefer to have it on a bun, with ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish, but I don't have any buns.

Did not know there was such a thing as a veggie hot dog, guess I should of known someone would make/market them.