Underwhelming vegan foods

Vegan gravies. I've yet to find a decent one. I'm still looking for the perfect recipe, lol. Most of them have mushrooms, which is a deal breaker for me as I loathe them.
Knorr do a delicious rich vegan fond in a plastic bottle. You could use that to make a gravy if you can find it where you are. It has a flavour like a deep rich roasted onions. I often use it in my stir fries.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Knorr do a delicious rich vegan fond in a plastic bottle. You could use that to make a gravy if you can find it where you are. It has a flavour like a deep rich roasted onions. I often use it in my stir fries.
That sounds good. Thank you. I will see whether I can pick that up.

Reactions: Brian W
The Impossible burger at Burger King. I finally relented and tried it, thinking how great it would be to have a fast food option besides Subway. I found it Disgusting!
(love Beyond Burger though)

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Every vegan fish or cheese I ever tried.

There are some decent fish stick imitations and I've found some really good cream cheese substitutes but when it comes to e. g. pizza cheese - nothing that's coming close to the real stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou and shyvas
I make gravy with Better than Boullion no chikn or no beef and a roux, and herbs
I love better than bouillon so much. It has the richest flavor of all the vegetable broths IMO. I have four jars in my cupboard.

I make my gravy the same way. I only have gravy twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I make a roux by sautéing onions and finely chopped celery then adding the flour and some nutritional yeast. Sometimes I’ll add mushrooms but only when I’m in the mood for them, which isn’t often. Then I add the broth.
One time I even added some shredded carrots. It was really good.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou and Brian W
I love better than bouillon so much. It has the richest flavor of all the vegetable broths IMO. I have four jars in my cupboard.

I make my gravy the same way. I only have gravy twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I make a roux by sautéing onions and finely chopped celery then adding the flour and some nutritional yeast. Sometimes I’ll add mushrooms but only when I’m in the mood for them, which isn’t often. Then I add the broth.
One time I even added some shredded carrots. It was really good.
I find vitacost has BTB the cheapest--and the only one that carries the no beef
I have a coupon code for free shipping I just remembered--oh F, it expired the end of Oct :pout: