UK Government Threatens to Weaken Laws on Animal Testing

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. It was a toss up between here and the activist thread.

news release

maisie.jpg

UK Government plans to lift the long-standing ban on experiments on stray animals

UK GOVERNMENT THREATENS TO WEAKEN LAWS ON ANIMAL TESTING

Last month (May 2012), the Home Office finally responded to last summer’s public consultation exercise on how to implement the new EU Directive on animal experimentation (2010/63/EU). This critical law will replace the current Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 and set the scene for animal experiments for a generation to come, directly affecting the welfare and lives of about 100 million animals in the UK alone. Uncaged’s expert analysis can exclusively reveal that the Government intends to further weaken most regulations, leading to more unnecessary pain and suffering for animals...

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/news/2012/eu-animal-testing.htm

Hmm I don't know, but I would have thought UK laws were stricter than EU laws anyway, just based on the fact that that's often the case with animal welfare laws.

This is so sad. Honestly, why on earth are we going backwards? :(

Hmm I don't know, but I would have thought UK laws were stricter than EU laws anyway, just based on the fact that that's often the case with animal welfare laws.

This is so sad. Honestly, why on earth are we going backwards? :(

Me too.:mad:

I'm starting to get fed up of the goverment with this and their Olympic farm animal thing.

Greece has banned animals in circuses but the UK still hasn't !

Me too.:mad:

I'm starting to get fed up of the goverment with this and their Olympic farm animal thing.

Greece has banned animals in circuses but the UK still hasn't !

Only just?

They've been making life harder for humans since they got in power, it was only a matter of time before they moved on to animals.

The more they do, the more I want to round up all the awesome people, and puppies and kittehs, and go move to an island somewhere with lots of fresh fruit and vegetation.

That would be lovely.:pride:
Moreover I wouldn't miss all of these heartless people who say that we exagerate because we care for animals.

I had an e-mail about this, it's sickening. Uncaged are one of the charities I support.

Moreover I wouldn't miss all of these heartless people who say that we exagerate because we care for animals.

Couldn't we just send them somewhere instead?:devil:

Send them to Antarctica with nothing more than the clothes they're wearing today. :D

Send them to the arctic circle and see how high up the food chain they are when mr polar bear comes to say hi.

Yes!

And how much of a big hunter they are when trying to kill animals with their teeth and nails. :p Not that they will actually be able to catch any in the first place...

Yes!

And how much of a big hunter they are when trying to kill animals with their teeth and nails. :p Not that they will actually be able to catch any in the first place...

Well no, they assume that food only comes from a Tesco's.
I still remember a lady telling me whilst she was munching on her hamburger ; ' I just don't want to think where this has come from' whilst she was watching me eat my veggie burger.