News UK general election 2015 discussion

Overhere, the majority of seats are left wing since 2012. It has had catastrophic results for the Securité Sociale (equivalent of UK's NHS)
resulting in poorer health care for people who have low salaries.
Apparently many people put off visiting their GP as they are out of pocket if they don't have an additional private insurance.

That's awful. Over there you have to pay upfront to get medical care but then you get some of the money back, is that right?o_O

That's awful. Over there you have to pay upfront to get medical care but then you get some of the money back, is that right?o_O

Yes. The only place where you don't pay the doctors is at hospital. If you don't have private insurance cover you have to pay 25 % of the fee.

It costs me 23€ to see my GP. As I have private insurance, I get a reimbursement of € 22 which takes around 10 to 14 days. I'm still waiting to
receive a full reimbursement for a doctor's fee that I payed in Janurary and have a dispute with the SS.

I'm wondering where the next welfare cuts will be as they were being very cagey about them. I read that it might be the Carer's Allowance which would be a nightmare (as well as being completely unethical) as carers save the NHS lots of money.

One proposal is to means test disability allowance which will be a disaster for those living above the means tested threshold but on so low an income that they barely survive already but who then face additional costs for transport to hospital, paying for carers etc. when they have the nerve to fall ill!

Carers Allowance is already a farce Moll as being awarded it is based on the fact that the person you are looking after must be claiming a disability benefit..at the moment these are taking up to one year to be awarded leaving carers caring but receiving no income from doing so!

Loss of Carers Allowance would discourage those in employement to take up the caring role leaving the NHS with bed blocking of the disabled stuck in hospital because they do not have a carer to look after them if they return home. Of course the elderly disabled could be accomodated in nursing homes as an alternative ...IF there were any beds of course and if someone could pay....

dont even get me started on that one!

AND... due to the stress of the Election I am taking a short break in my favourite seaside resort of Brighton where I can eat wonderful food and dip my toes in the sea.

I should be back soon.... say about five years? :cool:

Reactions: Skryja
Totally devastated but... well, knowing the true nature of some people i shouldnt be suprised!

ETA I know I posted about the shy Tory voters but I cannot believe how wrong the polls were!
Same here! Just guessing, but I heard UKIP voters were encouraged by Farage and others to vote tactically - if UKIP didn't stand a chance in a constituency, which was probably the case in a lot of places, then they should vote for the Tories. So while the UKIP voters would say they supported UKIP on the polls, they voted Tory in the election.

Also, the Murdoch-owned press has run a campaign against Labour. Miliband appears to be like a reincarnation of Joseph Stalin by their standards. However, this should have been detected by the pollsters though.

Just had someone come through the office and remark ' oh well at least you guys will have job security now that the Conservatives are changing all the benefit rules. They will need you to explain the new rules to everyone'

Umm..well not exactly...As explained to him by several members of staff the opposite is true. Ignorance of benefit rules leads to fewer applications and less money spent.

He seemed a bit confused and said..oh I never thought of it like that .:eek:

On the upside ...

Those benefits paid for through NI (National Insurance) contributions are going to be much easier to calculate now.

All you have to do is suffix the 'NI' with 'LL' (Labour Lost) and you'll know what you're getting in full.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at another ten years of the Conservatives in power as I can't imagine the Lib Dem's and Labour recovering in the next five years. If Scotland leaves it will be even worse for Labour.

I saw a bit of Jeremy Hunt on Newsnight last night discussing their plans to have £12 billion in welfare cuts, legalising fox hunting again and scrapping the Human Rights Act.:gl: How wonderful!:rolleyes:

I saw a bit of Jeremy Hunt on Newsnight last night discussing their plans to have £12 billion in welfare cuts, legalising fox hunting again and scrapping the Human Rights Act.:gl: How wonderful!:rolleyes:

:fp: And so it begins ..." Let them eat cake" eh?

Nothing to do with the election, per-se, this. Just a little example of the kind of thing we should be seeing more of in the next five years ...

My recently 'released back into captivity' previously homeless dude; A young man of twenty one. Not from our shores. A bit naive.

Applies for JSA (Job Seekers Allowance) so he can feed himself whilst looking for work.

Get's told to get back to the Jobcentre in 5 days time for a decision on his eligibility for JSA.

Day four of the five: Receives a text message stating "We have all the information needed to process your JSA application. You will receive a decision within 7 days. There is no need to contact us untill then".

Duly he makes no contact for another 7 days.

7 days later JSA claim closed as he didn't make contact within the original 5 days as he was originaly told.

I spoke to his ex-homeless worker about that for advice. Her response "Yes, that one catches most people out ..."

Apparently it's a long standing Tory overseen ploy to keep people out of work and on the streets by conning them out of the benefits they need to stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting back on their feet.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at another ten years of the Conservatives in power as I can't imagine the Lib Dem's and Labour recovering in the next five years. If Scotland leaves it will be even worse for Labour.

How utterly delightful.

We seriously need some electoral reform. It's an utter disgrace that over 60% voted against a government that is being investigated by the UN for human rights abuse, yet that is the government we're now stuck with.