Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Britain’s Labour Party hires Obama election strategist David Axelrod
By Agence France-Presse
Thursday, April 17, 2014 20:11 EDT
Share on facebook? Share on twitter10 Share on google_plusone_share0 Share on print Share on email
nbc_mtp_axelrod_catastrophe_120812e-615x345.jpg

David Axelrod, the mastermind behind US President Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 election victories, is to advise Britain’s Labour Party in the run up to next year’s general election, the party announced Thursday.

He will work alongside shadow foreign secretary and election strategist Douglas Alexander until the vote, expected to take place in May 2015.

The party will also use Axelrod’s consultancy firm AKVD as it looks to regain power from the Conservative-led coalition following election defeat in 2010.

“Mr Axelrod will become an integral part of Labour’s team,” said a Labour statement.

Read the whole thing here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/...ires-obama-election-strategist-david-axelrod/

That's interesting. I had no idea Axelrod understood British politics well enough to be a viable part of the Labour Party's campaign process, but I guess the idea is, what worked in the US would work in the UK also.

I think the main thing they will have to do is undermine the belief, myth maybe, that the Tories have brought about a recovery, and also the myth that it was Labour who brought about the recession.

What are the chances of a black Prime Minister? Or Indian/Asian? Or another female PM, but Labour, not Margaret Thatcher the Milk (and everything else) Snatcher?