Toothpaste

One of the side effects of radiation to the neck and throat is damage to teeth. I got mouth trays and a prescription to a super high fluoride gel.

However, I have not been able to see a dentist because of the lockdown. And I am overdue for a checkup.

My toothpaste is almost out, too. I usually get Tom's but last time I needed some they were out so I have just been using Colgate.

I usually buy the toothpaste with the most fluoride but even that is difficult because there are at least two different ingredients that contain fluoride and they are measured in different ways. I think I want Sodium Monofluorophosphate, 0.76%. i think the ones with Stannous Fluoride, 0.454% are more for sensitive teeth.

Colgate's new vegan toothpaste hasn't hit the shelves yet. But I can buy Colgate Zero from Amazon.

While shopping around I also discovered a brand called Hello which might be a a good idea

Or I could just get some Tom's.

Any thoughts?

Hi Lou, I see that this post is over a year old, but I'll reply anyway. I really like the "Kiss My Face" toothpastes. I use the flouride-free one, but I think they have some with flouride also. Right during the peak of Covid, I had to make an emergency trip to the dentist because I had a tooth that needed to be pulled. Luckily, I found a dentist who was seeing people. They were so nice there, at a time when I really needed kindness. Have you been able to get into a dentist yet?

Hi Lou, I see that this post is over a year old, but I'll reply anyway. I really like the "Kiss My Face" toothpastes. I use the flouride-free one, but I think they have some with flouride also. Right during the peak of Covid, I had to make an emergency trip to the dentist because I had a tooth that needed to be pulled. Luckily, I found a dentist who was seeing people. They were so nice there, at a time when I really needed kindness. Have you been able to get into a dentist yet?

Yes not only did I see my dentist but I have another appt this month.

I ended up getting the Hello and liked it and then when I saw some Tom's I got that too.

Next time I run out I plan on trying the Trader Joes toothpaste.

I'll keep an eye out for Kiss My Face. I hear they make a good shaving cream.

The Compassionate Shopping Guide by Naturewatch is a fantastic, up to date source of safe, non animal tested, vegan products. PETA also has an online list that you can search for safe products and ethical companies.

Reactions: Vegannomad and Lou
Yes not only did I see my dentist but I have another appt this month.

I ended up getting the Hello and liked it and then when I saw some Tom's I got that too.

Next time I run out I plan on trying the Trader Joes toothpaste.

I'll keep an eye out for Kiss My Face. I hear they make a good shaving cream.
Glad you were able to see your dentist! I know it's not much fun, and it sure is expensive! I will have to try the Hello toothpaste. I love their dental floss.