Tofu Burrito - Awesome Egg Replacement

KenBrace

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'd like to share a really tasty recipe for tofu burritos. They're an awesome replacement for egg burritos. I've been using this for about a year now and it's been a great way to get a calorie rich breakfast without all the cholesterol and animal fat. So here goes.

Ingredients
  • Tofu
  • Salsa
  • Pesto
  • Onions
  • Coconut Oil
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
  • Sour Cream

Instructions

Step 1 - Cut up the onion into tiny little giblets. You will need to have this already cut up before you start cooking the tofu.

Step 2 - Heat up a frying pan and spread a thin layer of coconut oil on its surface.

Step 3 - Break out the tofu and cut the block into ~9 sections. Peal these sections out one by one and crumble them into the pan with your hands. Do this with however much tofu you need then stir it around a bit.

Step 4 - Add the salsa to the pan and mix it in with the tofu. You may need to put more than you think. Add enough so that the consitancy of the mix isn't so dry. You may need to experiment with this part to find out how much salsa works best for you.

Step 5 - Open up the jar of Pesto and scoop out a spoonful. Add it to the pan and then mix it in.

Step 6 - Add the onions that chopped up earlier.

Step 7 - Sprinkle in some extra spices if you like. I like to add onion powder and garlic powder myself.

Step 8 - By this point the tofu should be done cooking. Turn off your burner and remove the pan from the stove eye so it doesn't burn.

Step 9 - Get a tortilla and spread a thin layer of sour cream on the surface. If you're completely vegan then you can skip the sour cream part.

Step 10 - Use a spoon to create a row of tofu across the middle or the tortilla.

Step 11 - Fold the end of the tortilla over and then roll it all together.

Your tofu burrito is not complete! I've really enjoyed this tasty yet healthy breakfast for some time now and I hope you enjoy it as well.

I do love cooking. I never cooked tofu burrito ever. Let me try this one. I am grateful that you share your recipe with us. I am planning to share my healthy recipes soon.