To all the women in affected US states-New abortion laws.

Left out another important fact about the dishonestly of saying "pro-life". The idea that it's a very much a christian belief, and the other rights that will go the way of Roe are all in hope of a christian nation
Forgot the quotes around "christian" as I hold no grudges towards Christians

Kinda like how the world got cleaner during covid restrictions? How'd that end?

I'm not sure. but it was nice then.
I don't see fear tactics as ever being a good thing. Vasectomies are nothing but mens self protection, and contraceptions are being stockpiled for fear of them being banned.

True but I think it shows that people are concerned, taking actions, and being more responsible.
if this anti abortion movement was legitimate birth control of all kinds would have been made more accessible, affordable, safer, and made for both sexes. (as opposed to dic hardening pills by mail)

true. And I believe people are working towards those things.

"She then went to receive a second ultrasound, describing the painful and invasive procedure in a YouTube video as ‘gut-wrenching.’"​

an ultrasound is neither painful or invasive. Well in this case it could be emotionally "painful".

But that might be besides the point. There have been a number of articles popping up like this. And not just in Texas. Last week there was a similar report out of Ohio.

According to one report, health care providers and Doctors are acting poorly when not preforming necessary D&Cs. Maybe out of an abundance of caution (for themselves) or perhaps out of ignorance - not understanding the law. And although no one expects doctors to understand the law, the hospitals have lawyers who should be providing good counsel.

However, they do have a point. A D&C performed after a miscarriage is exactly the same as a D&C done in an abortion. If someone accuses them of doing an abortion it would probably end up in court.

However, they do have a point. A D&C performed after a miscarriage is exactly the same as a D&C done in an abortion. If someone accuses them of doing an abortion it would probably end up in court.​
Not exactly the same. If it's done after a miscarriage, there is no living embryo or fetus destroyed. (I concede that your post was referring to a different concern.)

Not exactly the same. If it's done after a miscarriage, there is no living embryo or fetus destroyed. (I concede that your post was referring to a different concern.)
The operation, the physical steps, are the same.

an ultrasound is neither painful or invasive. Well in this case it could be emotionally "painful".
A vaginal ultrasound is both painful, and extremely invasive, and what I believe is done in that situation

A vaginal ultrasound is both painful, and extremely invasive, and what I believe is done in that situation
I'm not sure you are right about that. but yeah, I'm thinking of the kind of ultrasound PG women get (like as shown on TV).

there is sometimes a vaginal ultrasound done After a D&C. to make sure everything is ok in there. but the woman would be under sedation.

However, there is really no medical need for a second ultrasound before a D&C or abortion. I think its just something the state of Texas requires because they are A-Holes.

In case anyone missed my thread in the lounge, I'm doing an ultra-endurance bike ride to fundraise for an abortion access charity: