Tips to help people stay vegan?

Trust me, people want to make sure you enjoy yourself on their special day.
Yes, you would have hoped so ...

Read no further without first daubing yourself in not tested on animals vegan society approved industrial strength woe-proof cologne!

My brother married an Estonian lady and they had their wedding in Estonia. The whole family shipped out there for 5 days at their own expense.

First the self catering apartment arranged for us had no cooking facilities. Then the promised local guide never materialised and we had no way of knowing which food was or wasn't vegan suitable as, strangely, we neither read or speak Estonian.

Next we find why Estonians see no cooking facilities as 'self catering'. They either eat salad or they eat out.

Because they go out to eat anything other than salad all eat-outeries serve nothing that is not heavily contaminated with meat.

So, four days of near starvation and the day of the wedding comes around and I look forward to being to eat at last.

FA I can eat at the wedding and I end up trudging around Estonia, in the dark, trying to find an eatery that speaks English and will succumb to cooking something vegan in return for any price they care to ask.

Asked my brother, after the event, "WTF?????" (as in why had he dragged a family of veg*ans over there and not asked the caterers to provide a single thing they could eat).

Reply; "Oh, they don't understand veganism over here so I didn't bother to ask".

For a guy who has made a million £££'s in property assets my bro is not the sharpest tool in the box, sometimes.

He is completely baffled, and clearly hurt, as to why any invitations to visit him and his missus in Estonia have been stoicaly refused ever since then.

Just read your Happy Cow article and followed the link to your website, Trinity. You write very well and I love the look of your raw brownie recipe -I am definitely going to try that (and I've got all the ingredients in the cupboard already).

Reactions: PTree15 and Trinity