Thrive market yeah or naw

Sho

Newcomer
Reaction score
As a transitioning vegan is it a good investment to try thrive market? It’s not really cheaper but it seems it’s cheaper when you go to check out and apply your coupon. They have a lot of stuff though that’s the same price as my local grocery store. Also I didn’t know which forum to post this topic in so if this is the wrong one oops. Is there a better site then thrive ? I know there is iherb. In the long run do you think it saves money?

Despite the constant pressure I see from vegan YouTubers touting Thrive Market, I've decided not to join them. I've read a lot of negative reviews about their billing and membership policies and I really don't want to end up dealing with that nightmare.

Also, a lot of the stuff really seems to be just pre-packaged junk that's vegan-friendly.

I'd rather price-shop my local grocers or make my own items from scratch than risk billing nightmares with them. And yeah, the savings they tout really don't seem all that significant on most of their items.

I actually just put my third order in at Thrive a few hours ago! I like it because of a variety of reasons.

1. Your first three orders, you get 20% off their prices (at least that was what was the case for me when I signed up).
2. Sometimes, if you place an order over a certain amount (maybe about $50 US dollars) you get something free, such as a jar of almond butter or something.
3. There are actually a ton of healthy foods there. I just bought some stuff to make home-made muesli, because I thought it would be cheaper. So, I bought medule dates, dried cranberries, etc. I also bought some chemical free and cruelty free cleaning sprays.

The downside is the $50 (I think) fee to sign up for the year. But, they have a thing where if you don't save that much or more, they will refund you the rest of it. Also, I think you can do a 30 day free trial.

I am a fan of Thrive, clearly. lol

I am with Kellyr - there are so many options available where I am locally both in whole foods and processed vegan that it would be lazy of me (and give me an excuse to eat junk) to sign up for something like Thrive, not sure if we even have anything similar in Canada.

I also do not like to sign up for anything that comes monthly/yearly that I do not agree to, each and every time. Basically opening a tap to your credit card.

It is getting close to two years now that we have been eating this way and it is getting easier and easier to the point where I can look in the fridge, see what is available and come up with (or google) something, tasty and filling and made of mostly whole foods, for dinner.

I now keep a running grocery list, on the counter, on paper (gasp), and as I use up an item that I always keep around, it gets written down so that I don't ever have to wish "that I had some....." because it is always there. If things I buy on a regular basis are on sale then I will buy extra.

Emma JC

It may very well be a great service, but I'm thriving just fine without it. I guess it really depends on your needs and location.

Reactions: Emma JC