those 'watched' glasses.

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
These:
untitled-jpg.3756

hopefully that graphic can be changed back...I guess there was an update and the forum went back to the default icons.

I can't seem to block it using FF ad-blocker....is there a way to block it? I blocked it in the past, not sure why I can't now.

When I see it, it somehow reminds me that I am wearing glasses, whereas it is nice to forget one is wearing glasses.

I hate those stupid things.

You can cancel the option ' mark forums read'. It is just above the first thread on the right hand side.

oh, I blocked them....I had put that sprite URL on the exception list; now it is off that.

this is the sprite:

upload_2013-11-8_4-36-7.png

when you block it, it blocks all the other icons on there.....oh well.

Sorry, Blobbenstein. I mentioned this in the Captain's Log thread: IMO the style of the eyes icon clashed too much with the other icons, so I reverted to the default glasses icon during the upgrade. If you'd like to come up with a different icon of the same (or smaller) dimensions than the glasses icons, that doesn't stand out as much, that would be fine.

well, I'll just leave it like that. The go to new post link still works even though the icon isn't there any more.

I have to admit I prefer the glasses a little more, probably since I wear glasses myself, but does it really matter?

My question is, why are some threads marked as "watched threads" when I haven't physically marked them as watched threads? Is that some sort of glitch?

Does it matter which style you're using? I use the VeggieViews style and my watched threads have the eyeballs.
It sounds like your browser is using a cached copy of the old file. Ctrl-F5 might force the glasses. (Or if you just wait long enough it will do it by itself.)

I could do another icon, but I'm not sure what it should be....what about just some sort of arrow.

I'm not that bothered now that I've blocked it...what are the exact dimensions of the icons?

It's just that glasses can't watch anything by themselves!!!

the three on the end seem quite good....I think an eye looking straight at you could be distracting.

the three on the end seem quite good....I think an eye looking straight at you could be distracting.
Except they are pink! How about light blue or something? You can find the dimensions by using a rectangle envelope around the glasses you posted in post #4.

veg-sprite.png

how about this?

Maybe you really like the glasses and I'm being a pain....