TV & Film The TV Room

I keep reading about 3 Body Problem. Has anyone here seen it?
I read the first book ( I think there are three). I didn't like it that much. I read it because a lot of SF fans loved it. It even won a Hugo. So maybe there is something wrong with me.

First off I didn't think it was well written. If I remember right the author is Chinese and what I read was a translation. So it could be that something was lost in translation.

There may also have been a loss in the cultural divide. I didn't like the characters and the story lost me in several places. I also found some of the "science" to be unbelievable. Although, I admit, that is not really a fair criticism of any SF book

I'm tempted to watch the TV series. It's possible they corrected all the things I didn't like about the book but I (like you) am waiting for a personal recommendation.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
I keep reading about 3 Body Problem. Has anyone here seen it?

my honey has been watching it and so I have been also, by default, although I have ignored most of it as it doesn't appeal to me - he seems to be enjoying it because he loves anything space related - I read while he watches

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I watched this documentary last night about the first Norwegian woman Randi Skaug, to have climbed
Mount Everest. She has since then bought an island near the artic circle and helps her fellow citizens
to having a better life. It was highly interesting and the landscape was breathtaking. How lucky to be able
to own your own island and live there.

'Randi was the first Norwegian woman to climb Everest, and now she uses her life on a remote Arctic Circle island to inspire others - including Ben. Randi was the first Norwegian woman to climb Everest, and now she uses her life on a remote Arctic Circle island to inspire others - including Ben'

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52