The Truth About Thanksgiving

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
what is the true story of thanksgiving? let’s take a look behind the wholesome image, at the actual historical basis of this holiday and our current practices of celebration. thanksgiving is a holiday build on the genocide of an entire people, celebrated with the genocide of an entire species. learn what really happens to both the turkeys bred and killed for thanksgiving and also the people violated and killed in the first thanksgiving ever. for more information, see the blog post: The Truth About Thanksgiving | Bite Size Vegan

Veg*ns tend to be perceived as Debbie Downers by the general population.

There's really no need to add to that perception by attacking what is probably the most family and friend oriented holiday. (I discount Christmas because it is Christian specific and has devolved into one huge consumerist spectacle.)

Many cultures across the globe celebrate a harvest festival, and that is basically what Thanksgiving is, or at least how it can be celebrated. Why not concentrate on and encourage that aspect of it, which celebrates the conclusion of a successful harvest and enough grains and other crops to permit survival through the harsh winter months?

Reactions: Scorpius and KLS52
Veg*ns tend to be perceived as Debbie Downers by the general population.

There's really no need to add to that perception by attacking what is probably the most family and friend oriented holiday. (I discount Christmas because it is Christian specific and has devolved into one huge consumerist spectacle.)

Many cultures across the globe celebrate a harvest festival, and that is basically what Thanksgiving is, or at least how it can be celebrated. Why not concentrate on and encourage that aspect of it, which celebrates the conclusion of a successful harvest and enough grains and other crops to permit survival through the harsh winter months?
this is a good point and that is why, at the end, i say we can certainly reclaim the holiday as a positive event. and i'm even doing a video on Friday all about Thanksgiving recipes and such :)

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I been researching Thanksgiving because I am hardly seeing anyone this year , family is busy and just the two of us, so i am thinking of just do some Veg friendly things... however , i agree there is a down and dark side of thanksgiving ..... which is sad.

I been researching Thanksgiving because I am hardly seeing anyone this year , family is busy and just the two of us, so i am thinking of just do some Veg friendly things... however , i agree there is a down and dark side of thanksgiving ..... which is sad.
indeed....but busting out a veg thanksgiving is always nice :)

Reactions: peacefulveglady