Animal Advocacy The Petition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CITES - Revoke Zimbabwe Elephant Permits

We need your help urgently. Within the next few days the Zimbabwe authorities will decide whether to transport four to six elephant calves, captured from the wild and removed from their families, to zoos in China.
One of four Zimbabwe calves sent to Chinese zoos in November 2012 has already died due to the stress of capture, transport and captivity.
The standard of animal care at Chinese zoos remains far from satisfactory with facilities unable to provide for the needs of these baby elephants.
These animals were born in the wild and they belong in the wild.
Please urgently email the Zimbabwe environment minister, and the national parks authority using the contact emails below. Please politely request that the elephant calves are not sent to China and the authorities work with conservation organisations in Zimbabwe to rehabilitate these orphan calves back into the wild.

Minister Nhema
Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Management

Mr Edson Chidziya
Director General
Zimbabwe Parks Authority

Mr George Pangeti
Chairman
Zimbabwe Parks Authority

Dr Hilary Madzikanda
Chief Ecologist of Zimbabwe Parks Authority

The decision will be made in the next few days, therefore please send your email as soon as possible and please ask your friends and family to do the same. Help us show the authorities that the world will not tolerate such gross exploitation of wild animals.
Thank you,

Sample letter:
Dear
I am writing to express my deep concern about the transfer of wild-caught elephant calves from Zimbabwe to Chinese zoos.
Elephant calves have a very close bond with their mothers and with their female relatives. The removal of calves from their herds in the wild into captivity is devastating. The young elephants suffer severe, unrelenting stress, which affects their physical and psychological development. Many calves die.
The standard of animal care at Chinese zoos remains far from satisfactory, with facilities unable to provide for the behavioral and physiological needs of these animals. Following the transfer of four calves in November 2012, one has already died at Taiyuan Zoo. The others are likely to become ill soon.
It is my understanding that more wild-caught elephant calves are awaiting transportation to China. I respectfully appeal to you to stop the transfer and to work with Zimbabwean conservation organisations to rehabilitate these calves back into the wild.
YOUR NAME

I should put some of the petitions I get up. Most of them are human rights ones but there are a few animal ones I get.

Sadly, another petition for a poor elderly elephant that was drowned.

the petitioniste site / circus elephant /abused

Status
Not open for further replies.