The Perfect Chocolate chip Cookie

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Is there such a recipe ; the perfect choc chip cookie ? :)

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...25/how-to-cook-perfect-chocolate-chip-cookies

Perfect-chocolate-chip-co-008.jpg

Very interesting article, shyvas! And that is one good looking cookie!!

I often mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, bake around 10-12 cookies and refrigerate the dough. That way, I can bake a few cookies at a time and always have fresh, out of the oven cookies. I do like how the cookies come out after refrigerating the dough, too. Cool how the article mentions refrigerating it.

I also find it easier to mix up the dough and then do the baking at a later date. That way I get the mess of mixing out of the way and then do the baking all in one shot. For some reason, (laziness) I hate the mixing part.

Reactions: SummerRain
Hmm, very interesting read. I might try the refrigeration technique. It's called for in doughs for sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies, but I never thought about how it might affect chocolate chip cookies.

I mentioned elsewhere... my favourite recipe is the vegan with a vengeance one. They always go down really well. Well except once, when I was a bit heavy handed with the salt, I didn't mind so much (definitely too salty, but not so much that they weren't edible) but some of the people I gave them too were clearly not impressed :p