The Pasta Lovers Thread

Another one of my favourites - especially in summer - is spaghetti with raw tomato sauce.

And that is not just a not-cooked (warmed at less than 40 degrees C) sauce, but really a cold Sauce:
coarsely chop a lot of tomatos with some crushed cloves of garlic, a lot of fresh basil leaves, olive oil and salt to taste, and let it mix thoroughly for at least an hour.

Then mix under the hot spaghetti - a divine dish on a hot summer day.

Another one of my favourites - especially in summer - is spaghetti with raw tomato sauce.

And that is not just a not-cooked (warmed at less than 40 degrees C) sauce, but really a cold Sauce:
coarsely chop a lot of tomatos with some crushed cloves of garlic, a lot of fresh basil leaves, olive oil and salt to taste, and let it mix thoroughly for at least an hour.

Then mix under the hot spaghetti - a divine dish on a hot summer day.

Sounds delicous.

The article in Amy's first post had quite a bit of stuff I didn't know. E.g., I had always thought that Marco Polo brought pasta from the Orient to Italy.

4. Pasta's healthfulness has been in question for most of its history.
5. Some even thought pasta could cause mental illness.

Sheesh. Some people evidently think that if something is enjoyable, it must be BAD for you....

6. Pasta was a street food and spaghetti was eaten by hand. Pasta as a finger food??!! WHOA.

7. Pasta was kneaded by foot in Italy. What an unappetizing visual... well, if their feet were clean I suppose I could deal with it.

And Pasta e Fagioli, or pastafazool, is great!!! My two favorite toppings for pasta are:
1) canned crushed or diced tomatoes, or maybe chopped fresh tomatoes- either one with olive oil and probably minced fresh garlic- instead of a more traditionally-cooked sauce.
2) olive oil with some tossed chopped cooked vegetables: mustard greens, green pepper, spinach... whatever I have which appeals at the moment.

There's nothing wrong with a richer alfredo-type sauce, but sometimes it just hits me as a bit too heavy on top of an already-substantial pasta dish.

I love Italian-style bread too!... but with a meal of pasta, sometimes that strikes me as overkill.

My favourite used to be pasta shells with cheese, but I stopped eating cheese but now I eat pasta with pepper and vegetables. I love pasta too!

What's funny is that I rarely made pasta with meat as an omni, but veg'n I love pasta with meatless meatballs, or tofurky Italian sausage. I rarely make it the omni way I did with just mushrooms, peppers, onion and olives--wait- olives can sub for balls anyday. yes, olives make food better
I remembered sauce was why I wanted to go to the store today. Darn.

Barilla Is Now Making Protein-Packed Chickpea Pasta
https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22976910/barilla-chickpea-pasta/ :clp:

barilla-legume-assets-1536092093.jpg

Reactions: Val and KLS52
According to my son, Italy has the highest % of celiac disease in the world - 1 in 80. The US is now at 1 in 100. The rest of the wold is closer to 1 in 200. But he says that Italy has the greatest number of GF restaurants per capita that anywhere else as well.

According to my son, Italy has the highest % of celiac disease in the world - 1 in 80. The US is now at 1 in 100. The rest of the wold is closer to 1 in 200. But he says that Italy has the greatest number of GF restaurants per capita that anywhere else as well.
Good news (relatively)... In 2017, our country's scientists from Sechenov Moscow State Medical University have created medicine against Celiac decease, on basics of triticain alpha,- it helps to split gluten proteins on short peptides, which are digested by gastrointestinal tract completely, and don't make any harm to it. ...But they are still testing it, and as it always happens in Russia, they don't have enough funding, so everyone shouldn't expect it very soon, especially this year. I presume, such kind of research are provided in many countries, but no one would tell average people about it :sigh:. Even in 2009, when i needed modern medicines for my dad (they were so new that they were considered alternative), i had to go to the only one drug store in the city, which had all of them. Now i myself use some of them, and they are sold in every pharmacy shop...:fp:

I love pasta, too! Yum. One of my favourites is cannelloni. I rarely see a veg option at restaurants, so I'll make my own using a tofu-cashew "ricotta" filling.

Also, I love bruschetta... which technically isn't a pasta, but it's still an Italian dish and soo good.