The manolo blahnik dairy

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I guess this story has nothing to do with veganism. But I have been seeing a lot of cow stories in the news lately. Not sure if that is because of my news aggregator thinking I'm interested in cows or some kind of planetary alignment.

Anyway, I saw this article and I thought it was interesting in a few different ways.

Don't feel bad if you don't know what Manolo Blahnik is. You would have to be a very rich woman or a fan of Sex In The City to be aware - it's basically really expensive flashy women's shoes.

Anyway, the story is about the designers behind Manolo Blahnik living across from a Dairy that was going out of business. they liked the view so they bought the dairy. and since it wasn't making money, they converted it into a dairy for "designer milk".

I was thinking that after I watched the video, I would buy their dairy products. Well, if it wasn't for the adverse health effects of dairy. And the price of "designer milk". And oh yeah, where are all the male calves?

Anyway here is the whole story.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/manolo-blahnik-designer-shoe-executives-open-dairy-farm-milk.html

I wonder why it's not organic. I like the part about them washing their cows but you know they're just doing this cutesy stuff to draw in rich and middle class ladies who will think "oh they're nice to animals, that's humane to shampoo your dairy cows" (WHY PANTENE PRO V WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS WRONG WITH THESE DUDES? WHY NOT DR. BRONNERS OR SOMETHING LESS CORPORATE?)

Whatever, there's a ton of this going on now, people trying to dress up meat and dairy for the bourgeoisie to reassure them that as long as they pay 4 dollars a gallon (shouldn't milk actually cost at least 8?) they don't have to feel guilty for their life choices.

I wonder why it's not organic. I like the part about them washing their cows but you know they're just doing this cutesy stuff to draw in rich and middle class ladies who will think "oh they're nice to animals, that's humane to shampoo your dairy cows" (WHY PANTENE PRO V WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS WRONG WITH THESE DUDES? WHY NOT DR. BRONNERS OR SOMETHING LESS CORPORATE?)

Whatever, there's a ton of this going on now, people trying to dress up meat and dairy for the bourgeoisie to reassure them that as long as they pay 4 dollars a gallon (shouldn't milk actually cost at least 8?) they don't have to feel guilty for their life choices.

I think in the video they did say the cost of their milk was $8.

I've read a few different articles on what food would cost without subsidies. $8 is a pretty fair guess. but who knows. Not every country has milk subsidies. and at least one economist said that without subsidies in the US, the dairy industry would go out of business. That would be nice.

Reactions: Forest Nymph