Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

@KLS52 I hope your daughter and aunt recover quickly! I still haven't gotten the booster. And I'm still on the fence about it. I'm definitely masking up in crowded places, though. I went to Walmart today to look for a cooler for my parents, and it was packed, so I had the mask on.

FYI, the newer covid variants come with a killer sore throat. SIL complained about it and now daughter says, he wasn’t kidding. She said it’s awful. She thinks if the kids get it they might cry, it’s that bad, lol. Funny not funny. 😞

Maybe I’ll go for my covid vaccine first, before the flu. 🤔 I HATE sore throats!! And headaches. And nausea. I guess pretty much everything about being sick in general, lol.

FYI, the newer covid variants come with a killer sore throat. SIL complained about it and now daughter says, he wasn’t kidding. She said it’s awful. She thinks if the kids get it they might cry, it’s that bad, lol. Funny not funny. 😞

Maybe I’ll go for my covid vaccine first, before the flu. 🤔 I HATE sore throats!! And headaches. And nausea. I guess pretty much everything about being sick in general, lol.
Ok then, I'm wearing a mask! I've only had a few sore throats in my life, but i remember a couple growing up that were as you described- with tears :sob:!
Last time I used the disposible ones, we had them supplied at work and they seemed to be the best protection than any cloth ones I tried.

SIL is all better!
But daughter just tested positive, lol.
And grandson is starting with the sore throat but so far is negative.

My 97 year old aunt is in the hospital with covid. 😞 So far she’s doing pretty good. 🤞 I’m very curious as to how she got it. Unless she has been to the doctor in the last week, she doesn’t leave the house. Which means someone was either not feeling well and assuming it wasn’t covid, or an asymptomatic person can have it and still transmit it. That wouldn’t be good. :no:

Sorry to hear about your daughter and aunt. Asymptomatic transmission has been the big problem with covid since day 1.

The new Covid vac is available locally yet.
the new flu vac is.
I was thinking of going and getting them both at once.
but I may just go get the flu one next week, just because

I don't know what the story is with the RSV. Does anyone know about that?

Reactions: KLS52
I keep seeing ads for the rsv but haven't heard of it being available yet. I'll likely skip that one. Not sure yet.

I do not get the pneumonia shot nor have I done shingles.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
I don't know what the story is with the RSV. Does anyone know about that?

It is approved and theoretically available, though local supplies may vary. However, it is expensive and, at least here, is not covered by the public health plan. I intend to ask my doctor about it, as well as about the pneumonia vaccine. I need all the protection I can get for respiratory ailments, because my lungs were damaged by the pneumonia I had a couple of years ago.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
"The recommended vaccines now covered by Medicare include the Big 8: COVID-19; flu; pneumococcal; shingles, RSV, hepatitis A and B, and Tdap (protection against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis or whooping cough)."

I did my covid and flu last week. The guy at Walgreens said they are no longer doing the update cards and he threw a lot away.

• Informative
It is approved and theoretically available, though local supplies may vary. However, it is expensive and, at least here, is not covered by the public health plan. I intend to ask my doctor about it, as well as about the pneumonia vaccine. I need all the protection I can get for respiratory ailments, because my lungs were damaged by the pneumonia I had a couple of years ago.
I had the pneumonia vaccine a few years ago. I think it's still good.
I think I read that the SSV vac is recommended for little kids but maybe not that good an idea for seniors.

• Informative
I went into central London this time last week and I didn't even see one person wearing a mask, it isn't common here at all anymore it seems. Covid boosters: Why do the US and UK have such different policies on who gets a vaccine? | New Scientist

That reminds me when I got my flu jab the other day you are asked questions beforehand as a precaution, but he asked me something weird, if I had an illness? OMG, I can't remember what illness it was, but he said it is coming into the UK from migrants. My husband can't remember either, but I mentioned it to him afterwards as it was something unusual.

I googled, it was diphtheria! My husband has his flu jab this week so I will double check that is what the pharmacist said.