Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

@Val - It's hard to say. I think she's just absorbed in far right media. She might be a veteran. She has some, "Go Army," signs in her windows.

If I had to label her with a mental illness, she's more like someone with schizophrenia. She's smart but living in a different version of reality than most of us.
Does it mean she sees things that don't exist? That's odd, but i've also known a few individuals with schizophrenia. They don't necessarily "see things", especially if they are on medication. So you're right,- her condition could be anything (even manic-depressive psychosis, or similar). Perhaps it will be better to stay away from her? - If she has any type of suppressed psychosis, it may be triggered by anything from the outside of her world, and at one moment she may be calm and friendly, but the next moment she might attack you physically. (I didn't see people fighting with each other, but i saw them trying to kill themselves right in front of other people's eyes. It was sad.)

I'm staying away from her.

I respect people's boundaries. I don't know her well enough to diagnose her. Even if I did, it would be unethical - I'm not a licensed practitioner and she hasn't sought services.

She doesn't act like someone with a typical presentation of schizophrenia. She's just socially withdrawn, paranoid, and gets emotional about her beliefs, which are unusual. It's impossible to say if the cause is pathological or if she's just really into the alt right and conspiracy theories.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: silva and Val
Rhode Island has been added to my state's travel advisory, which means no overnight trips to see my family. If I do an overnight visit, I'd have to quarantine for 14 days and fill out the contact tracing/health form upon my return to CT :eek:. Fortunately, I can go for the day, like helping my dad with doctor visits or shopping, without having to quarantine. I had been staying at my parents' condo for my overnight beach stays, but I think I will put the kibosh on that for a bit. If I do, it will be just for the day. People are getting lax with social distancing and mask wearing in RI, apparently. The state beaches also have been packed with people not following the protocols.

Rhode Island has been added to my state's travel advisory, which means no overnight trips to see my family. If I do an overnight visit, I'd have to quarantine for 14 days and fill out the contact tracing/health form upon my return to CT :eek:. Fortunately, I can go for the day, like helping my dad with doctor visits or shopping, without having to quarantine. I had been staying at my parents' condo for my overnight beach stays, but I think I will put the kibosh on that for a bit. If I do, it will be just for the day. People are getting lax with social distancing and mask wearing in RI, apparently. The state beaches also have been packed with people not following the protocols.
That's a shame, but how the heck could they enforce it? If they see the licence parked overnight?
I want to go to the beach (lake) but I see the web cams and no way

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
That's a shame, but how the heck could they enforce it? If they see the licence parked overnight?
I want to go to the beach (lake) but I see the web cams and no way
It's pretty much based on the honor system when it comes to driving. At the airport, they can get you to fill out the health form so that they know where you are under quarantine, and there is an implied surprise check, but there isn't anyone available to really do that. They are trying to get hotel operators to cooperate. I think the whole thing is more of a deterrent to traveling to CT from the hot zones.

Reactions: Amy SF
Something that’s got me concerned, I keep getting temps of 99 and just now I got a temp of 99.9. I feel otherwise healthy. I feel hot and sweaty. I had to change my shirt, it had pit stains.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Something that’s got me concerned, I keep getting temps of 99 and just now I got a temp of 99.9. I feel otherwise healthy. I feel hot and sweaty. I had to change my shirt, it had pit stains.

Get tested! It's probably just a regular cold, but why not be safe?

You'll get peace of mind. And, worst case, if you get a positive result, you can isolate and keep other people safe.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
Big Brother All-Stars (America) started last night, watched a little and recorded the rest on PVR. They had to be quarantined and tested before entering the house. We don't always watch it but like to at least see who they have in the house.

One of my doctors told me that temps of under 100 are of no concern.

• Informative
I saw that, but it didn't quite register! I google many things every day. Instead of TV, I like to look up random things on the internet . . .

College Humor has a series called if Google Was A Guy. I've seen a few episodes and they are pretty funny.

Ohio governor Mike DeWine--who has far better for Ohio than I ever thought, particularly in dealing with the virus, has succumbed to it himself. :worried::pensive:.
He's 73 and has respiratory issues.
Nothing has changed. We were all late and lax about doing anything to stop the spread and now the ones who didn't care already are throwing their hands in the air like they don't care, and they were right all along when they said they're nothing we can do :mad:

my sister is waiting for test results from yesterday morning - I don't really think she has it and was tested out of an abundance of caution - she is 10 years older than I and her husband is older than she is and had heart surgery a few years ago

I really hope that she doesn't have it as she went to a mini family reunion on Saturday (I did not) and if she is positive then everyone there will also have to be tested despite the fact they all stayed outside and socially distanced.

It is crazy that test results take so long to obtain when there are 10 and 15 minutes test out.

She worked outside in the hot sun for too long on Friday, doing yardwork, trimming trees and cutting up the branches etc. She didn't start 'aching' until Saturday night and then felt lousy on Sunday and started having some abdonimal cramps as well. I am thinking it might be that the lactic acid that resulted from her strenuous work built up and then spread throughout her body. Fingers crossed that's all it is.

Emma JC
🙏