The Everything Animal Thread

That's beautiful. Is is Stells that woke Joon up?
It's the other way around because Stella has a chip feeder with mostly dry food so she can graze throughout the day/night. She also doesn't overeat and keeps a healthy weight. Joon has a special diet of wet food and has to wait for me for mealtime. So she wakes everyone up when she wants breakfast. 😊

1711009435609.png1711009480232.png

My friend's two Irish Wolfhounds; Logan and Humphs and also Boris the cat safely caged in and on their way to Brighton from Portugal. It'll take the two drivers 36 hours (travelling under the Channel) to reach their home in Saltdean. Humphs refused to get into his cage; poor love.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Is this a professional transport company? Over here I often see requests for volunteers to drive a few hours for transporting long distances. They form a kind of "chain". I imagine the van will stop every few hours for breaks, not only for the animals but for themselves. It's definitely a very long drive, nonetheless. And you never know how a dog/cat is going to do. Joon can't handle more than 15-20 minutes without getting sick. When we made the 90 minute drive from New York to Connecticut I was cleaning up messes coming out of both ends of her. It was a nightmare, poor thing.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.
1711099017544.png
1711099042590.png

The gang crossed the Spanish border last night and are currently travelling through dangerous France. Boris the cat is not happy. However, this time there are several (most probably very unhappy) other cats as last time he was outnumbered; 9 dogs plus him!

• Friendly
Is this a professional transport company? Over here I often see requests for volunteers to drive a few hours for transporting long distances. They form a kind of "chain". I imagine the van will stop every few hours for breaks, not only for the animals but for themselves. It's definitely a very long drive, nonetheless. And you never know how a dog/cat is going to do. Joon can't handle more than 15-20 minutes without getting sick. When we made the 90 minute drive from New York to Connecticut I was cleaning up messes coming out of both ends of her. It was a nightmare, poor thing.

Only professionals do this. It cost around 2000 € for her 3 pets and it's a 36 hour trip NON STOP.

• Wow
Wow that's too long. 😞

Another 7 hours. I gather that they are in the Parisien region. I'm eagerly awaiting an update from my pal who is so busy. She landed at LGW at around midnight last night. I'll be stressed all day long until that I've heard that they've arrive safely at Burgess Hill, Sussex at 5 pm. I love them all to bits. :heart:

• Friendly
Another 7 hours. I gather that they are in the Parisien region. I'm eagerly awaiting an update from my pal who is so busy. She landed at LGW at around midnight last night. I'll be stressed all day long until that I've heard that they've arrive safely at Burgess Hill, Sussex at 5 pm. I love them all to bits. :heart:

Another 2 hours. They must be crossing under the English Channel.

Reactions: KLS52
Just so long as this photo isn't kinda like Marty's photo in "Back To The Future", and the cats don't start disappearing in real life, I don't see a problem.
I heard about this a bit on the news but I didn't look at any photos or read about it. What I heard is that it was fuel for several conspiracy theories - like if Kate had died and they were covering it up.
I had no idea it had to do with ducks or cats.
what is the significance of those red circles?

I'm worried about them. Can you imagine that they are still in the van since yesterday morning and won't arrive before late afternoon today. Another 13 hours to go. They must be in France by now.

View attachment 30362

This is the company that she used to transport her fur babies:

Euro Pet Transport is a small family run company, operating for ten years and working alongside many of the animal rescue centres as well as with private pet owners. We offer a safe, comfortable, pet transport service leaving from Portugal, driving through Spain and France to various locations within the UK and return to Portugal.

• Informative