The Everything Animal Thread

People forget that other animals consume alcohol too. It would be an interesting thing to research - alcohol consumption by different species in the wild. It’s not just mammals. I know birds eat fermented fruit, probably intentionally.
I was really worried that the squirrel was going to fall off his little platform. then at the end, he reminded me of a friend of mine and went back for more.

yep. I remember watching birds eat juniper berries in the winter and then acting weirdly. Bears are known to do this too.

:sob: 😍

He made it! :heart_eyes: After a long plane journey (7 hours!) he is now in his new home. He even did touched trunks with another elephant for the first time in 8
years.

1606811681627.png

1606816108203.png

1606813909430.png

1606818728352.png

Kaavan greeting a pal at the sanctuary. The first time in 8 years that he has a contact with
another elephant.

1606826243536.png

He made it! :heart_eyes: After a long plane journey (7 hours!) he is now in his new home. He even did touched trunks with another elephant for the first time in 8
years.

View attachment 23019

View attachment 23021

View attachment 23020

View attachment 23025

Kaavan greeting a pal at the sanctuary. The first time in 8 years that he has a contact with
another elephant.

View attachment 23026

Kaavan in his new home. He is in quarantine so is still in a small enclosure.

Driving to work in the early morning hours a small rabbit was wildly running down the road, and almost in circles. With the tons of snow we've had I can't imagine what would have caused them to have to leave a burrow! I felt so awful for it, and all day wondered what would happen to them?

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52