The Everything Animal Thread

Well done Jess for saving the pooch from drowning. How can people be so reckless by leaving a small dog near a pool for over 30 minutes?

Jessie, a rescue adopted from the SPCA in Boksburg four years ago, ran to the edge of the pool and — after trying for 34 minutes — eventually managed to pull the flailing Toy Pom out of the water by using her teeth.

• Love
Reactions: Lou
Great news as donkeys are amongst the most abused in animals in many countries. People assume that they are born to work for them!

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
This is really appalling that the criminal in question doesn't even get a prison sentence, for murdering an animal in the most horrific manner!
Such a vile person who murdered an innocent animal in the most atrocious and cruel way should have gone to prison for a very long time. I hope that she is shamed by all of those who know her!

WICHITA – A Kansas woman was sentenced Wednesday for breaking into a Wichita home and killing her ex-boyfriend's dog with a baseball bat, reportedly in a jealous rage.

1619163417619.png

A Sedgwick County District Judge sentenced 32-year-old Hilda Noordhoek, 32 Wichita, to 24 months of probation, according to the Sedgwick County District Attorney.

• Sad
Reactions: Lou and PTree15
Bella's mum sent me a pic of 2 dogs that belong to local hunters. They are left 24h in a confined enclosure and nobody
bothers to care for them once the hunting season is over.
My friend gave them some treats and they took them into their tiny
shed to eat them. They seemed to be frightened of humans.
She said that they looked really scared. I'm not surprised as hunters abuse them and are also cruel to them.

I wish that her friend who has an animal shelter could kidnap them.

Mark Hill MBE with his new training partner Phez the Pheasant.

You can see this gorgeous pheasant running alongside Mark Hill whilst he's training. The animal has done this
several times during the last few weeks and apparently waits for Mark to come running down the path before joining him.

Animals are so amazing !

• Love
Reactions: Lou and KLS52
the video below is funny. its also not PG. there is one line that makes it notable.

That's where you're wrong. You should only own an animal that would otherwise been slaughtered if it wasn't for you. They'll respect you more knowing you're the only thing between them and a gas chamber.

1619939125979.png

1619939279422.png

This gorgeous boy has made so much progress since he was rescued from that awful zoo in Pakistan. Apparently the sanctuary in Cambodia is in
need of funds to build him a much larger enclosure.

1620488762298.png

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
Adorable Bella who thinks she's a dog, has just given birth to a gorgeous girl yesterday. She is utterly amazing and you can follow her story on FB:

Baby Bella was taken into care by farmer’s wife Gilly Chippendale, after she was rejected first by her birth mother and then by several other ewes when she was a newborn lamb.

Read more: Meet Bella, the adorable sheep who thinks she’s a dog

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Metro
Gilly added: ‘Bella certainly doesn’t believe she’s a sheep. She’s never recognised herself as a sheep, she’s inquisitive but frightened of other sheep. ‘It’s very funny to see her walk past other sheep on our walks acting very aloof. She even runs away from sheep if they follow her.

Read more: Meet Bella, the adorable sheep who thinks she’s a dog

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Metro

1620529764373.png

1620530056952.png

Reactions: KLS52