The earth balance dha flavor in the green container

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I bought this because I thought its good to have some straight DHA once and a while.

I strongly prefer regular Earth Balance that just has flax oil. The DHA type has a very unpleasant fishy undertone I can mostly only tolerate drowned in marinara sauce and nooch with pasta, and maybe on potatoes IF they're also strongly seasoned with onions and herbs (like rosemary).

EB DHA on toast is absolutely out of the question, I would gag.

That's interesting. I've never tried the green container but now I might for my "seafood" pastas. I've tried sea green flakes but it's not the same taste. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
That's interesting. I've never tried the green container but now I might for my "seafood" pastas. I've tried sea green flakes but it's not the same taste. Thanks for the heads up!

I've used dulse to make vegan "tuna" and taken a bottle of DHA caps once in the past, but I was just unpleasantly surprised by the strong flavor of the algal oil even if I didn't warm it.

It would be great if you were going for that though. I just don't like the way it tastes alone and I love original Earth Balance.