No more vegan Smart Balance margarine!

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I don't use margarine much at all, but this really p'd me off.
I'd been out for some time, and remembered my son asking if I'd buy some. My store has the Earth Balance in the front of the store with the organics. The other margarines are at the opposite end-where I thought about it.
I noticed different packaging, and couldn't find the light one with flax. There wasn't any! The regular light no longer had vegan, which I was very proud of them to state. It now has D3! Stupid a@@ D3!
Since I was mostly getting it for my son I got the Best Life, which is basically the same-d3 added, but at least it didn't lower itself.
Send this company a message. There are vegans who shop. Adding animal products (esp. as silly as vitamin D3!) isn't going to sway more people into buying it!
I've seen that with other products. Even this cereal called Peace. Really good cereal that had vegan right on the front. Same cereal, didn't change, but the new package no longer states that it's vegan!
Conspiracy.

EDIT: their site shows the flaxseed light still vegan--gotta double check the stores...

Oh, man, the light version, which was vegan, was my go-to margarine when I couldn't find Earth Balance. Very disappointing.

Um...I may this thread deleted!
I'd swear I read the one labeled "light flaxseed", but I just went to their site and it showed the new packaging, and it had vegan, without any D.
Now maybe it's regional? I know the package I read was blue, like on their site.
I'll check next time I'm at a store. Could be me!

Maybe you picked up the one stray not-flaxseed one that was mixed among the flaxseed ones. I've done that before.

Um...I may this thread deleted!
I'd swear I read the one labeled "light flaxseed", but I just went to their site and it showed the new packaging, and it had vegan, without any D.
Now maybe it's regional? I know the package I read was blue, like on their site.
I'll check next time I'm at a store. Could be me!
Whew, good to know they still have vegan versions.