The Dream Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
I just created this quickly because I thought it was lousy to hog the Coffee House chat with my nonsense.... LOL :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this dream last night where I saw a guy through a very small window (about the size of a microwave window)... like a pass-through, but not prison-like, more like he had a high security clearance & I was looking at him through a rectangular stainless steel-lined hole... there was someone with me on my side... we were there for something... dude on other side, our eyes lock, something about him... he reaches through the hole & touches my hand... "This way." I remember feeling (in my dream) that our hands never left each other, but they must have... remember that, too. They couldn't possibly pass through walls, could they? I walked around the wall into a hallway where he met me, we walked ahead, eyes forward, all very professional, but I intentionally brushed my fingers against his, stroked them almost....

I remember his hair... blond/blondish, short in the back & on the sides, kind of long & curly/floppy on top... close-set eyes, no beard or moustache... I wanna say he was used to wearing glasses, it's iffy whether or not he was or if they were clipped somewhere on his person... he also wore what seemed to be a white lab coat... open.

I'm neglecting food-making now just trying to recall. In this dream, I wanted this man, we connected in a very subtle way, yet there was this underlying fire somehow....

And I may have seen someone who looked very much like him this evening at the funeral home... I'd never seen him before, we locked eyes a few times, but I was already uncomfortable so I did the polite nod/sad smile thing... he seemed to be everywhere I was, though, several feet away.... and he fit the bill (dream-description-wise)... and he was wearing a very light colored blazer/sport coat... open.

I'm rambling again, but thinking over this whole weird night, maybe I could've at least said hello to him....

Second time in several years where I've made that kind of eye contact with someone, a brief spark of ooh, but I'm not in a comfy place so it's brief polite gesture and/or interaction, and I'm on my way, never to see him again. :fp:

Last edited:
Dreams are really fascinating. Sometimes you can absolutely connect them with an event "in real life", but other times are completely random. I think many are stress related. I know when I dream I am lost and can't find the door or whatever, it means I am stressed out about something. The other night I dreamed about ants, and I know that is because we had ants in the house.

I have really vivid and weird dreams all the time.:D

:dismay:I also have sex dreams about people I really am not attracted to. DT, Putin, Boris Johnson, David Cameron, Nigel Farage...

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do they are vivid and sometimes scary: dreams where I'm falling off a cliff, or being chased by a gunman, or stuck in a maze/can't find my way out sort of stuff. Other times they are just whacky combinations of people IRL who would never in a million years be in the same space. Those always crack me up when I wake up, in a WTF?!? kind of way. :D

I have been having dreams about terrorists a lot for the past few years. I will quote myself on here as I mentioned it on VV in Sept 2013 on the gripe thread.

I had a really disturbed night's sleep last night, I dreamed that there was a terrorist attack and then a bus ran me over. I'm always jumpy when my husband goes back onto working nights.

ETA - that sounds a lot like the attacks on Nice/France and Germany. The men who attacked Borough market in London recently tried to hire a van to kill more people.

Last edited:
I kept having dreams about an attack on a shopping centre (mall) with men with machine guns as well. I'm in a shopping centre and running around trying to find a hiding place. I've had this for a few years as well.:(

Yikes. I haven't had any scary dreams recently like Moll & PTree. For so many years I used to say I didn't dream (I know we all dream, many times a night)... I just never remembered them.... when I did, WOW, they were bizarre! :eek: But for the last couple of years, I've been having very vivid dreams every single night... and I remember them. A lot of sex dreams... without the actual sex... more like incredibly sensual, hot-with-desire kind of stuff. Also connection/companionship dreams, without the sex but with definite sexual tension... and both kinds all involve some random guy (occasionally Seth Green LOL). The one I had last night... could've been a continuation of blond lab coat guy... steamy make-out session on a couch... last thing I remember is him kissing that sweet spot on my neck. Hooo-daddy, that does me in every time! I think I might wanna get laid again... it's been four years. LMAO :fp:

On a lighter note... another brief dream last night involved Mikkel informing us all in the chat thread that his family/parents (?) won the lottery. There was even the adorable broken English... like, "but they free win the lottery" or something like that. :D

Last edited:
This is strange...

I write down my dreams to help me remember them... it's just something I started doing, mostly when I have a dream about a departed loved one (human or animal) because I want to remember those. But here's the strange part: for almost a year my right knee has been bothering me. Back on April 1st of this year I had a dream that my knee was being operated on with only local anesthesia. The operating room doctors and nurses asked me if I wanted to look, offering to hold a mirror for me so I could see my partially-dissected knee being worked on, and I said "ummmm... no..." And for some reason my knee hasn't been bothering me nearly so much lately. I'm still going to mention my knee problems to my doctor at my next checkup though.

Then there was the time back in 2000 I had a dream I was riding in a helicopter. At the time I had never flown in anything. A month or so later, I actually did take my first flight (on an airliner across the Atlantic)... and takeoff felt EXACTLY like it felt in my dream. At the time of my dream I had already planned my flight... but how would I have known what it would feel like?

And my dreams are often vivid... intense colors sometimes... I've even tasted and smelled things, which I may have heard you're not supposed to be able to do.

One last night... what was odd was the specificity of names....

I was the observer... was at some sort of casual bar/restaurant (not to eat, it seemed... maybe to report on opening?)... the owner's name, I believe, was Lynda. (It could have been Lydia or Lyda.) She named the restaurant Maxian's... for her two sons, Max & Ian. They appeared to be very similar in appearance, possibly twins... tall, tan, blond, athletic, good-looking... kinda had that proud, privileged, frat-boy vibe, but I think they were late-20s/early-30s. They were glowing & grinning....

There was another person (another sibling, I think)... younger, gloomy... dressed as a giant avocado. He quietly admitted his name was Greg. I nodded sincerely, said, "Hmm.... Gregamole." -- pause -- Sad laughter turned genuine & appreciative, and we shared a moment of smiles & understanding.

Has anyone heard of a place called Maxian's??

Last edited:
maxian | Archive of Our Own :ignore:

Haven't had anything interesting since last taking 5-HTP. Now that puts a twist on dreamtime :weird:.
Not as much as when I was prescribed Singulair for asmtha/allergies. That was wicked :tinfoilhat:

There was so much more detail... indoor, outdoor... I got the not-too-subtle hints (feeling more for the outcast than the popular) then I watched a movie tonight, several similarities, nothing that made me go "Hold everything!"... but I'd never heard of the flick, never seen a trailer for it, it was the only one of its kind (literally the only copy) in the new release section.... spooky. :weird:

I'm still curiously fascinated by the last couple dreams I've had. I guess it keeps my brain entertained after a movie or two at Jer's. then back home for music & cooking, then eating & gaming, then lying down & reading.... If I consciously let my mind run with nothing to occupy it, it's all over the place, and I worry constantly about everything. Maybe this is its way of keeping me in a slumbering state, engrossed in an interesting story. o_O

I had a weird dream last night that I was taking care of a snail :shrug:and I forgot to feed him and he died. I felt really guilty when I woke up.

I then had a dream that I was in the sea and a shark swam past me and then another one brushed against me and then one headed right towards me.:eek: I tried to go under the water, but it just kept coming towards me and then I woke up again.:rolleyes:

What does it mean when you dream about a shark?

Seeing the sea full of sharks suggests that you are at the moment involved in a situation in which you should absolutely not trust anyone. Being pursued by a shark in a dream means you have put yourself in danger by disturbing someone a great deal. A shark symbolizes your enemies, and it is an alert dream.

To see a shark in your dream indicates feelings of anger, hostility, fierceness, and ruthless. You or someone else is going through emotional period and can be a threat to people's well beings. Alternatively, a shark represents a person in your life who is greedy and unscrupulous.

Haven't had anything interesting since last taking 5-HTP.

I started taking 5-HTP last week.

There was another person (another sibling, I think)... younger, gloomy... dressed as a giant avocado. He quietly admitted his name was Greg. I nodded sincerely, said, "Hmm.... Gregamole." -- pause -- Sad laughter turned genuine & appreciative, and we shared a moment of smiles & understanding.

OMG, that made me giggle!:rofl:

The other night I had a dream I had these really itchy pustules (think that's the word?)... Like big blister type things with white markings on them all over my body & they were really itchy but I couldn't scratch them cause I knew that would make them burst. :argh:

I was in a room with John Lennon, and I was singing 'You're gonna lose that girl' and John and the other people in the room applauded me for my efforts.

About five days ago, I had a dream about a blue alien that showed up in my hallway, and I remember asking her "Who are you?" and I received the name(s)Patina or Patana.

I was in a room with John Lennon, and I was singing 'You're gonna lose that girl' and John and the other people in the room applauded me for my efforts.

About five days ago, I had a dream about a blue alien that showed up in my hallway, and I remember asking her "Who are you?" and I received the name(s)Patina or Patana.
Did that alien tell you anything else? What did she look like? Did you see their ship or station? What did they want you to do? Did they tell you some knowledge?

Did that alien tell you anything else? What did she look like? Did you see their ship or station? What did they want you to do? Did they tell you some knowledge?

I wasn't told anything else. She was about 4"6 - 5"0, slim build, turquoise blue skin and she was bald. Maybe this event actually happened and the memory was erased from my conscious mind and placed within my subconscious.

Reactions: Val
I wasn't told anything else. She was about 4"6 - 5"0, slim build, turquoise blue skin and she was bald. Maybe this event actually happened and the memory was erased from my conscious mind and placed within my subconscious.
This is quite possible:angel:

I had a very strange dream that I went back in time to when I was about 12 years old and at school. I had to do a Maths exam (trigonometry) and I didn't remember how to do it so I left all the answers blank.

Then the teacher started telling me off and I lost my temper and told him that I was really 41 years old and that I hadn't ever used trigonometry in a real life situation.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.