The Dream Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw this thread pop up in “new posts” I just knew it would be you, lol. :)

I have this recurring segment of a dream/nightmare that pops into other dreams, out of the blue. I've been having the same dream segment for at least a couple decades (I think?)... I swear it's a memory of something real. :tinfoilhat:

It involves my childhood best friend... we're exploring a very big, very old house (not this one, don't think it's anywhere I've been before, except there is a "feel" of the Montague Inn in Saginaw, where my folks & I have stayed several times (on special occasions, many years ago)....

6067569832_ba6142ed35_b.jpg

20229504_10.jpg
saginaw-michigan-lodging-montague-inn.jpg

11867217265897.jpg

Again, just hints of that....

But the dream segment I refer to is terrifying. We were investigating/exploring... found a enclosed back staircase somewhere, I think it's a hidden staircase actually... dark, dusty, unused, abandoned.... It goes up & up & up & up (not straight up, there are landings, but no doors off anywhere)... and now I don't know if there were a couple mannequins or statues or what... all I can remember is something so f*cking scary happened, I can't shake it, no matter what.

And now, maybe every couple weeks or so, that staircase creeps into my other dreams.... wakes me every time because I know what comes next, even if I can't "remember".... something so startling & frightening it plagues me.... Like right now, my throat feels very tight, I've got goosebumps, & my eyes are welling up. :sniff:

There's a puzzle here, I can feel it... there's something to remember or figure out.... :???: But I **** you not... it's f*cking TERRIFYING! :hide:

I feel in my gut that this is a real place, and I want to know where it is so I can go there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll come back to read these later:

What Do Dreams About Stairs Mean and How to Interpret Them?

Haunted House

Last edited:
I have dreams that I'm going back to uni to do more exams and I am walking around not knowing anyone as all my friends have left the campus.

I have this same dream at least 5 times a month.:rolleyes:

I assume it is because I have lost touch with a lot of my friends over the past few years. It's still annoying and repetitive!

I have dreams that I'm going back to uni to do more exams and I am walking around not knowing anyone as all my friends have left the campus.

I have this same dream at least 5 times a month.:rolleyes:

I assume it is because I have lost touch with a lot of my friends over the past few years. It's still annoying and repetitive!

Friend Dream Meaning and Interpretations

Schools, Colleges and Universities
If you dream that you are revisiting your school days, this is directly connected to your anxiety levels at the moment - which are high

Does anyone here write down their dreams? I like to do that, even the ones that aren't pleasant. (There was one dream I had back around the early 1990s that made me wake up shaking with fear, and I couldn't even understand what was so scary about it. Bizarro. But I haven't had one remotely like that since then.)

Anyway, I had a nice short dream within the past two weeks: one weekend I was dozing off at home, alone. I dreamed my family's cat from 1963-1972, whom I absolutely loved (and still do), was in my present house. She wanted to go outside (although she was strictly a house cat back then).

I'm really trying to figure out another recent dream: both my parents have passed on, but I've dreamed about them. Most recently, I saw Mom and asked her how we might cure a family member who has a serious illness, and she gave me this damnably cryptic response, although I didn't get the impression she was trying to be unhelpful or puzzling. Anyway, I wrote it down and relayed it to our relative.

Weird, weird dreams lately.

The first one was where I was vacationing somewhere near the beach. That was probably prompted by my visit to Cape Cod. President Obama was there, and he asked if I would sing the national anthem. I was so excited, especially since there was another woman there who is famous for her singing voice. She shot me an unfriendly glance. I asked the president to consider her over me but he was so charming and insistent that he wanted me to sing. So I did, LOL. It was pretty cool. I did wake up before I was done though thank goodness so I don’t know what the reaction of the crowd was. Hahahahaha.

My second dream was just last night. I did not like it at all. :(

I was visiting my daughter but it was not in the house that she lives in now. It was in a big city with really nice stone apartments. I needed to go out and move my car and all of the streets are one-way. I ended up having to park it far away and then walk back to her apartment. The people were so friendly and the streets were so charming with cobblestone. However as I got closer to where I thought her apartment was, it wasn’t there. I started to get scared because I didn’t understand why I couldn’t find my way back, as I literally drove straight down the street and made no turns. It should’ve been easy to find my way back.

I was thinking that my family must be worried because I didn’t make it back yet and figured they would probably be calling my cell soon. I decided to reach into my purse to get my phone and realized I had grabbed the wrong purse. So now I had no way of contacting my family and no way of them finding me. I started getting really panicky and was able to wake myself up. :(

Weird, weird dreams lately.

The first one was where I was vacationing somewhere near the beach. That was probably prompted by my visit to Cape Cod. President Obama was there, and he asked if I would sing the national anthem. I was so excited, especially since there was another woman there who is famous for her singing voice. She shot me an unfriendly glance. I asked the president to consider her over me but he was so charming and insistent that he wanted me to sing. So I did, LOL. It was pretty cool. I did wake up before I was done though thank goodness so I don’t know what the reaction of the crowd was. Hahahahaha.

My second dream was just last night. I did not like it at all. :(

I was visiting my daughter but it was not in the house that she lives in now. It was in a big city with really nice stone apartments. I needed to go out and move my car and all of the streets are one-way. I ended up having to park it far away and then walk back to her apartment. The people were so friendly and the streets were so charming with cobblestone. However as I got closer to where I thought her apartment was, it wasn’t there. I started to get scared because I didn’t understand why I couldn’t find my way back, as I literally drove straight down the street and made no turns. It should’ve been easy to find my way back.

I was thinking that my family must be worried because I didn’t make it back yet and figured they would probably be calling my cell soon. I decided to reach into my purse to get my phone and realized I had grabbed the wrong purse. So now I had no way of contacting my family and no way of them finding me. I started getting really panicky and was able to wake myself up. :(
OMG- I had a disturbing dream with the one way streets. I left and couldn't find my way back. I also parked and tried to walk- I woke up soon after. It was right after the last time I moved and got lost in winding streets in a snowstorm. Couldn't read any street signs, and the stupid streets were curving and I couldn't tell which direction I was in, or which way to turn. I was lost so long--I couldn't make it up the hill to my street and was trying to find a way to the other side.

Last night I dreamt about a fly. I hate flies, - a lot. I had trapped one earlier that day between the screen and the window, and in my dream I was watching a fly crawl on the screen and try to fit through a very small tear. It got stuck and I remember seeing a lot of detail about it, how it was panicked, trying to free itself. I don't know what happened then....

In January this year I had the most amazing dream ever. I was at my childhood home looking out of the window when the house turned around and started moving. It soon became a boat and the road became a river. I immediately became lucid and realized this was a dream. The boat turned along another river leading out of town and I practised seeing the whole scene from nearby to the distant horizon. Seeing all this then became natural and I could see details like shadow areas and bright areas and man made constructions on the horizon. I crossed a river that was full of bridges like the Thames and I felt wonderfully elated. The dream went on for several minutes and I was lucid all the time.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.