The Dog Lovers Thread

Aw Bella <3
Every now and then I look at the local rescue sites, as my son is always bringing up getting a dog.
There is a 10 year old mixed terrier, medium sized dog that's really calling to me. I keep telling myself it's not a good idea, as all the cats are over 12 years and medical visits and dentals and all else is quite expensive. I've got more credit debt than I should...
This one just seems like the kind of dog everyone would get along with:shrug:.

Aw Bella <3
Every now and then I look at the local rescue sites, as my son is always bringing up getting a dog.
There is a 10 year old mixed terrier, medium sized dog that's really calling to me. I keep telling myself it's not a good idea, as all the cats are over 12 years and medical visits and dentals and all else is quite expensive. I've got more credit debt than I should...
This one just seems like the kind of dog everyone would get along with:shrug:.
This. :(

Reactions: KLS52
This made me tear up. I love and appreciate all of those who go through this time and time again just so their foster doggies can get the perfect forever home, including VeggieViews’ resident foster mom, @Poppy

(The same goes for cats and THEIR loving foster parents, too.)

Aw, thank you, @Amy SF . If I had kept all the dogs we've fostered over the last 15 years, I'd have 129 dogs now. :lol: The first ones are really hard to let go, but after that, it gets easier. I think after a few, your heart gets strengthened against the pain of seeing them leave (and you likely get a a few that are complete jerks, and that helps too!)

There's a Peke rescue I follow in Arkansas - they regularly have 30-40 dogs IN THEIR HOUSE. I couldn't, I just simply couldn't!

paste-1563379729496_medium.jpg

I found this big boy wandering around near my office. I was afraid to get out of the car to check his collar but luckily another car came by and the guy in it called the dog over. He went right over to him. His name is Cooper and a phone number was engraved right on the collar. I started dialing the number when all of a sudden we heard someone whistling for the dog. Turns out there was someone working on an old abandoned house and it must’ve been his dog because he was calling him to come. The guy from the other car walked the dog over and at that point I left him and back to work.
E87E948E-4C5F-4E50-A258-6B46D41190EB.png

DF8BDA1F-4E94-437F-990D-75DF8CC35979.jpeg

4F74E4B4-67D4-4DC0-8976-40F0938D1794.png

Reactions: Amy SF and Mischief
I found this big boy wandering around near my office. I was afraid to get out of the car to check his collar but luckily another car came by and the guy in it called the dog over. He went right over to him. His name is Cooper and a phone number was engraved right on the collar. I started dialing the number when all of a sudden we heard someone whistling for the dog. Turns out there was someone working on an old abandoned house and it must’ve been his dog because he was calling him to come. The guy from the other car walked the dog over and at that point I left him and back to work.
View attachment 17567

View attachment 17568

View attachment 17569

What a relief. It's always a worry to see a dog that is wandering on a busy road.

Wow! I didn't think that dogs with this kind of constitution exist. This one looks like an alien. To be fair, not all dogs of this breed look like this.
Russkaya psovaya borzaya. (Russian wolfhound, Russian hunting sighthound). The word "borzaya", "borzyi" (in other countries: borzoi, borzaï) means "agile", "nimble". The word "psovaya" derives from the old word "psovina" (wavy, silky fur).
IMG_20190920_132423.jpg

IMG_20190920_132447.jpg

IMG_20190920_132500.jpg

IMG_20190920_132517.jpg