TV & Film The Documentary Thread

We got Netflix back as our bank account got hacked two years ago and we didn't renew Netflix after that.

I'm watching the new Minimalists documentary. Less is Now.

Reactions: Emma JC
We got Netflix back as our bank account got hacked two years ago and we didn't renew Netflix after that.

I'm watching the new Minimalists documentary. Less is Now.
OH! I don't think that comes to the USA till next week.

We started watching another Netflix documentary. The Staircase.

Accident or murder? After the mysterious death of his wife, author Michael Peterson watches his life go under the microscope.

The Staircase | Netflix Official Site

Did anyone post when this came out? I just realized it has been out of a month

Vegan2020

A British vegan documentary exposing the horror of a factory pig farm – HOGWOOD: a modern horror story – has won multiple awards.

Hogwood is available to stream on Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV and Google Play Movies for just £2.49. It is FREE for Amazon Prime subscribers. HOGWOOD is available to stream in over 60 countries.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas and Emma JC
Reactions: Sax and Emma JC
do you know where it is going to play?
There is info at the bottom of the article I posted.
BTW, They also have a pretty nice website.

the online info it not available yet. Based on some previous docs, it will probably be available on their own website for a few bucks. There will probably be a DVD you can buy.
Its also going to be a "Fathom Event" which means a limited number of theaters and only one time on one date. Usually no more expensive than a regular movie but with little discounts available.
I've been to a few fathom events and they are usually just like going to a regular movie. Tho I think they try to make the experience a little more unique. Sometimes with something live before the movie.
Other movies like this have been picked up by Netflix or Amazon - so it wouldn't surprise me that a few days or a few months after it becomes available we can watch it on one of the streaming services.

Its made by the same people who made the Game Changers. And if I remember right that pretty quickly went to Netflix.

Checking the website which is pretty well developed, it looks like they expect a lot from this movie. They have a pretty nice store with apparel. They plant a tree with each purchase.

They also have something I don't think I've seen before - a Meal Planner. I guess they expect that people will be so moved by the movie that they will go home and make changes - the meal planner will help them get started.

I just checked the meal planner and its $100/ year or $40 quarterly. :(

• Wow
Yikes. Scaring people over an apocalypse then selling a plan for salvation....what does that remind me of 🤔
Oh. are you thinking religion?

I think its just capitalism/ marketing.

Not unlike the idea of selling people the idea of riding a bicycle and then sending them to a bicycle store. :)

Haven't seen the movie yet but it looks dramatic. If it can turn some people around it might be an excellent idea to get them on the bandwagon before the effects of the movie wears off.

Its not a new idea.
Cowspiracy used to promote the 30-day vegan plan. Oh, wait. it was free at first. Then it went up to $10.

The Forks Over Knives movie created a whole solar system of related books.

Oh. and I just discovered that What the Health has added a $100/yr meal planner to their website.