The Dangers of Vegan Health Claims | Matt Ruscigno Returns

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
Are vegan health claims dangerous to the overall vegan message? This video is a follow-up to my last interview with RD Matt Ruscigno. In it, we discuss the often exaggerated claims about the health benefits of a vegan diet. And with the World Health Organization’s recent report linking red and processed meat to colon cancer, this topic is all the more relevant.

Reactions: Second Summer
Emily, your hands are orange! This happened to me when I was malnourished and eating too many veggies and not much else! Are you okay?

Another excellent nugget! Well done. Several good points here, nothing I disagree with :)

It encouraged me to go back and watch the previous video with Matt Ruscigno as well. He comes across as a very seasoned, measured and honest vegan advocate / dietician. I thought it was interesting to compare with some of the interviews you did previously with Gary Yourofsky. Yourofsky made many good points as well, but he appeared not nearly as reflected and much more "militant" which rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, with all the animal suffering we humans are causing, why wouldn't you be militant? I don't know, maybe it's a good thing there are many different voices that advocate for veganism?

Emily, your hands are orange! This happened to me when I was malnourished and eating too many veggies and not much else! Are you okay?
maybe the orange skin is due to too much vitamin A?

Vitamin A — Consumer

I've had hypothyroid & adrenal issues for years, which we think may result in yellowing skin at time on my hands and around my mouth. It's because my thyroid's not breaking down carotene properly (not from eat excessive amounts of any nutrient). No one can fix it or even really knows why it's happening. Trust me. I've run the gamut! It resolved for a while when I first got on thyroid support, but then returned. In general, I've always had an olive/yellowish hue to my skin...comes from my mom's side (Cajun).

Another excellent nugget! Well done. Several good points here, nothing I disagree with :)

It encouraged me to go back and watch the previous video with Matt Ruscigno as well. He comes across as a very seasoned, measured and honest vegan advocate / dietician. I thought it was interesting to compare with some of the interviews you did previously with Gary Yourofsky. Yourofsky made many good points as well, but he appeared not nearly as reflected and much more "militant" which rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, with all the animal suffering we humans are causing, why wouldn't you be militant? I don't know, maybe it's a good thing there are many different voices that advocate for veganism?

So glad you enjoyed it :) And I SOO agree- the more varied the voices the better!