The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some theme-related videos, lol. Some videos of David that Liza sent to mom. I hope they'll have a chance to go to the country soon, as the only place where David can have a walk is our plot, plus, when Liza takes him to see the countryside neighbourhoods. When they are in town (though their town is more like a village), they don't take any attempts to get out of the house. I always ask everyone to send my "PRIVET" to David, as i miss him a lot.
David at home, in Koltushi, putting together his toy pyramid. Liza is giving him strict instructions on what color to put next, because he knows the colors very well. But at the end something goes wrong, and he puts the rings in a wrong order. Liza gives a sigh and says: "Oh well, it'll do either".😁

David and Elijah at the country. Liza is filming. Pay attention: David is sitting in the cart that we used for potatoes. (Once upon a time, when we had a plot for growing potatoes, we used this cart for taking our potatoes to our summer cottage plot, as it was quite a long way, especially with 50+ kilos of potatoes, haha).

A primitive slideshow made by Liza before the quarantine (it's actually made by a program that used a random music sample).

And... it's orthodox Easter eve now! So, happy orthodox cruelty-free Easter everyone!:hugs: :ma:
02-08-36-97735fad13132d1ea0a311c5a32a01c8.Easter-Chocolates-17.jpg

02-10-47-luxury-easter-egg.jpg

Morning/afternoon y'all! I actually went back to sleep and slept an hour longer than usual this morning! It is going to be a hot day today and the rain chances are down. I have no plans. I need to finish my lists of things I need to buy for when I do get out again.

Hello everyone!:wave::smitten: It seems that Unghshu has finished the major part of his work!:apple: (I mean playing pieces, recording them, making videos, etc.) The only thing that is left is coordinating these lazy stubborn impudent parents (not all of them are like that, but there are quite many who cause inconvenience).
What is more: i made an effort and found a good shop in SPb (shop of Indian goodies) that sells online, and it also provides delivery to the suburbs (like my hometown). When/IF i get my wages, i'll order A LOOOOOT of turmeric powder.:bd: It's not possible to find turmeric powder in small shops like "Fives" or "Magnet", or "Dream", and i'm not going to visit Okey mall in the visible future, because going there involves transportation and crowds of humanoids inside the mall. So i decided to try. It's sold in bigger packs, but i made some calculations: it's the same price as in Okey. But delivery is pricy. OTOH, there are no other options, and i really need to stock up on turmeric ("elephant" dozes of turmeric is the only thing that keeps my COPD within some limits).
The weather is mild, wet, humid and gloomy. It's 41°F, and Liza said they had got under hail when they were having a walk this afternoon! I'm glad they finally got out of the flat. There is a vast field right beneath their place, and it would be great, except that there are dozens of people walking their dogs on that field.
Here it is (definitely better than nothing):
IMG_20200419_182844.jpg

My walk on Apr.17th. Some dude is feeding seagulls.
IMG_20200418_113645.jpg

My walk on Apr.16th. Mokkolovo peninsula is on the right.
IMG_20200417_023715.jpg

IMG_20200417_023337.jpg

IMG_20200417_024018.jpg

IMG_20200417_024210.jpg

IMG_20200417_024350.jpg

IMG_20200417_024707.jpg

IMG_20200417_025329.jpg

IMG_20200417_025828.jpg

I'm getting ready for another walk at the moment.🌳🌲🌱🌥🌦

@Val those waters are so beautiful!
How much tumeric do you take, and how do you take it? I only use a 1/4 teasp, with a bit of black pepper, in some water and drink it quickly. I used to like curries more, but not so much anymore. Probably from making myself take tumeric!

• Friendly
  • Haha
Reactions: Val and Raven
I went to Aldi and the market again. So bad! I loved Aldi because the line could be really long yet go so quickly. Now there weren't that many in line, but it took forever! They are making people wait for the conveyor to clear before loading but that doesn't seem enough to cause that much delay.
I had actually cut up a tee shirt to make a mask and a very good thing. In line I started sneezing out of control! It was quite yucky to say the least, cause they weren't dry sneezes

I want to go to the new Aldi's but I think the lines will be really long since they just opened. I have never been in an Aldi's (that I can remember) so I will want to shop slowly and see everything! Perhaps in a week the excitement will die down.

@Val those waters are so beautiful!
How much tumeric do you take, and how do you take it? I only use a 1/4 teasp, with a bit of black pepper, in some water and drink it quickly. I used to like curries more, but not so much anymore. Probably from making myself take tumeric!
I take my "magic potion" at least two times a day (when i wake up and before going to bed). If COPD exacerbates,- i can take it more often. My potion consists of turmeric and ground black pepper (2:1 ...or smth. like that). Unfortunately, i realized that 1/4 teasp is not enough for me. But it helps, so i always use every opportunity to obtain turmeric powder.:kitty: Sometimes i add some other meds to this drink (e.g. i can add acetylcysteine powder or diosmectite powder). I also used to dissolve turmeric and pepper in my self-made concentrated cabbage juice, or lemon water, or pomegranate juice. I always take different quantity of turmeric, depending on what my inner voice says.

I have only been in an Aldi once. I've been in Lidl quite a few times. I've watched shopping YT videos from Aldi and it looks like a good vegan range there.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Aldi is really good. Recently we've tried a few new things, to us, from there: vegan pizza (ok), frozen vegan steak bakes (really good) & their magnum style icecreams - both the salted caramel flavour & peanut butter flavour....THEY ARE AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.