The Cat Lovers Thread

I was making lunch and I went up to have a shower and then came back to finish my food and my cat Poppy was miaowing constantly (she does that because I don't let her go out as much as I used to) and I kept telling her to be quiet and then I realised that I had shut her in the porch.:oops: She must have been in there for an hour and she was not amused.:p

001-10.jpg

Was? :( He looks very floofy! <3

He passed away earlier in the year from lung cancer. He's in a cute little casket beside my mum's fireplace now, and on the other side is Sunday, our black kitty who died of kidney failure in 2010:

sundayandted2.jpg

sunday.jpg

The ginger boy is Ted, he's been to the vet this week for a dental but otherwise he is still going strong. And my brother who lives at home got a kitten last year, Pepper, but I don't have any pics of her.

And this was Willow:

dave1-1.jpg

Dave1.jpg

She turned up in our garden one day. We started feeding her and slowly she moved in, then six months later her and Ted had a horrible fight, Willow got a big abcsess, I took her to the vet and they found she was microchipped and was a boy called Dave who had been missing for eight months. We reuinted him with his very relieved owner and his brother, Del Boy. As far as I know he is still there, this was back in 2009.

Dixie was the quirkiest cat though. He loved going into bags, boxes and the washing machine - we always had to check it before putting a wash on. He was a very chilled cat and would sleep on his back, legs in the air and would allow belly rubs. He loved to be scratched because he had an itchy skin condition, and he was generally such a sweet natured cat.

Dixie5.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

dixietree.jpg

The first Morris died in 1978 and was replaced by more cats who played "Morris." All cats to play Morris have been rescues, either coming from an animal shelter or a cat rescue.

We don't have Morris here, so when I read it I thought he had been your cat and you had been replacing him with other cats called Morris each time he passed so that it was like he never died. I'm glad to find out I was wrong, because that was a bit weird and creepy :p

I can't take the cuteness!

View attachment 950

This reminds me of our two stray girls who turned up on our doorstep, both heavily pregnant. They gave birth about two days apart. We had a box in each bedroom closet, but they couldn't bear to be apart and kept visiting the other's box, nursing the babies at the same time. We finally found a huge box and put them together. They were so much happier,and the kittens were HUGE from going back and forth to the "mommies buffet".

Reactions: PiSis and KLS52
I keep looking at these two ginger brothers on the Mayhew Animal Home website.:smitten: I want them!

Boots-and-Ginger-367x300.jpg

BG.jpg

This reminds me of our two stray girls who turned up on our doorstep, both heavily pregnant. They gave birth about two days apart. We had a box in each bedroom closet, but they couldn't bear to be apart and kept visiting the other's box, nursing the babies at the same time. We finally found a huge box and put them together. They were so much happier,and the kittens were HUGE from going back and forth to the "mommies buffet".

That must have been adorable!<3