Animal Advocacy Temple Grandin and her PETA Proggy Award

plus, I didn't say anything about pain. And I didn't mean terror, either, just that maybe the animals, or humans should have an inkling that they are in danger, but they probably do anyway...

Well, the emotion that animals experience when they know they are in danger, or even think it, IS terror.

plus, I didn't say anything about pain. And I didn't mean terror, either, just that maybe the animals, or humans should have an inkling that they are in danger, but they probably do anyway...

I used to sit at the killing gate of a knackers yard on my Saturday afternoons, Blobbers.

You can say dumb-terror with absolute safety matey.

The terror in the eyes of the scores of dumb animals I watched die there was always absolute.

yes, that is pretty bad; I forget sometimes, although I haven't seen that.

I wonder if animals will always intuit, that they are in danger, no matter what people like Temple Grandin do.

Frankly, I don't think that people who pride themselves on buying "free range" "humanely slaughtered" meat would refrain from eating meat otherwise - these are, after all, people who have thought through and accepted that the animals on their plates have a range of emotions, and yet they place more importance on the momentary satisfaction of their taste buds than on the life taken.

Some who consume "happy meat" are clearly flexitarians who are actively trying to reduce their consumption of meat. And while "happy meat" is a fiction, the fact that these people are incentivized to eat expensive meat is a good thing. (I've always thought that a suffering tax would be a great way to change the economics of animal cruelty.)