Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Taiwan Opens First Vegan Supermarket!

1307748.large.jpg

If you happen to find yourself in Taipei, make sure to stop by iVegan, Taiwan’s first all vegan supermarket! iVegan opened in Taipei this August. According to Vegan Taiwan, the supermarket is complete with “fresh fruit and veggies, packaged goods, frozen foods, fresh baking, cleaning and body care products* and even housewares.” iVegan comes complete with an organic section and a small selection of dairy alternatives. And it’s all 100% free from animal ingredients!

I was expecting a small grocery store, but found a large, busy supermarket. – Vegan Taiwan

To see pictures of the supermarket visit the original post here. I think you’ll be surprised by the both the size of the store and selection of fresh fruit, veggies and vegan products they carry.

If you’re stopping at iVegan, Vegan Taiwan notes that there is also a vegan bar and restaurant in the area named About Animals.

linky

Taiwan, of all places! But of course! Why not? :)

I love going to Taiwan and would seriously consider moving there if I could get my girlfriend onboard with the idea. It's a very veggie friendly place for the most part largely due to the significant Buddhist vegetarian population. Go into a vegetarian restaurant and you'll often see a few monks sitting in there. Interesting place.

Reactions: Kitties