Synthetic meat-Thoughts?

Synthetic meat is made well, pigs and cows are no longer needed and will no longer exist, is this what you want?

Is this the ideal scnario for you, because without the need for farm animals they will no longer exist, instead of loads of pigs world wide there will be far less much much fewer and mostly just wild bore would exist and the occasional pet pig.

Same for cows mostly just wild bulls / bovine millions and million of cattle would no longer have lives or breed.

Is that the ideal scenario for you?

(if we are lucky enough to get good synthetic meat that tastes lovely one day, and I bet that does happen eventually )
I dislike the abolitionist argument for veganism, because we are like "gods" to the animals. It's the abuse and killing that makes animal products unethical. If you kept your own cattle and chickens etc. (from the day they were born/hatched) and never, ever, ever killed them or abused them in any way, then you could eat the eggs and milk and it would be 100% ethical!

However, meat is inherently unethical because all meat comes from the slaughterhouse (except for synthetic meat, of course).

Synthetic meat reminds me of the movie Soylent Green. I was maybe 12 when I read the book, and definitely wanting to not eat meat. I thougth soylent was perfect - if we had to eat meat why not eat all the meat that's dead anyway? It just made no sense at all to me to kill things, and so stupid to enslave them.
I want synthetic meats for all the domesticated animals that require meat

Reactions: beancounter
Synthetic meat reminds me of the movie Soylent Green. I was maybe 12 when I read the book, and definitely wanting to not eat meat. I thougth soylent was perfect - if we had to eat meat why not eat all the meat that's dead anyway? It just made no sense at all to me to kill things, and so stupid to enslave them.
I want synthetic meats for all the domesticated animals that require meat

It reminds me of Silent Running. when the astronauts are having a meal together. All the other astronauts are eating protein pills and synthetic food while Bruce has a cantaloupe.

Just think how much the meat producers could charge if it was the absolute last steak, roast, chicken wing, bacon slice..no more ...ever to be bred for consumption,,, only free range "Animals" not "Mear". I have been vegan long enough to say l honestly woud not consume this NEW Synthetic grown muscle...even that sound gross to me.