Switch 4 Good

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Plant-Based News just turned me onto Switch 4 Good. I'm a little surprised that I never heard of them before. So I figured maybe some of you hadn't either

PBN told me about the Switch 4 Good Podcast. But they also have a website and a YouTube channel.

Their whole thing is focused on Dairy-Free and Health, but it might be a good thing to tell your friends about.

Was reminded today of Switch 4 Good. And it has been a month since I posted this so I figured it was time to give it a bump.

Although they seem to make every one of their podcasts into a video I think their strength is that they are podcast material. With most of their episodes lasting in the 40 to 60-minute range, it's pretty perfect for commutes, workouts, or just working around the house.

They already have 50 episodes and a new episode seems to come out every week. Although my first impression and the image they do seem to promote is a dairy-free lifestyle, now that I have listened to a few episodes, I've concluded this is a vegan lifestyle promoting show. Maybe the dairy-free angle is just the "hook". Or perhaps it is a way to separate them from the other dozen vegan podcasts.

Almost all of their episodes revolve around a guest. And IMHO they have done a much better job than the average show in lining up good guests. Michael Greger, Emily Deschanel, Neal Barnard, Colin Campbell, to name a few. A lot of the guests are either athletes, doctors, or "influencers". A lot of the time the subject is dairy but other aspects of diet, disease, animal protection, etc are covered too.

I do already listen to a lot of podcasts so I don't have a lot of "podcast time" to devote to this show. Perhaps after the Niners with the Superbowl and Trump gets impeached I won't have as many other podcasts competing for my time and I can catch up on Switch 4 Good.

Here is their blurb from their website.

The key to living a full, healthy, and joyous life lies within the foods we eat—and our relationship to those foods. Health isn’t accurately measured by the circumference of your waist nor how much you can bench press; true vitality is measured by how you feel—not just physically, but deep within.​
Olympic medalist Dotsie Bausch, together with Baywatch actress and certified health coach Alexandra Paul, take listeners on a transformative journey to optimal health and performance through plant-based eating.​
On this riveting podcast, Dotsie and Alexandra—both of whom fought back from severe food addictions—interview expert nutritionists, pro-athletes, innovative thought-leaders, physicians, and plant-based celebrities. Through shared experiences, you’ll learn how to optimize your own health and wellbeing, and pave a path for a more meaningful life. So get inspired and join the Switch4Good revolution.​

Switch4Good describes its report as revealing ‘the devastating chronic health implications of consuming cow’s milk’. It says it consists of scientific, independent and peer-reviewed studies.​
The organization says ‘it now stands as one of the most exhaustive reviews ever compiled of the real health impacts of dairy’, debunking ‘positive performance claims made in recent advertising by MilkPEP, the dairy industry’s most powerful marketing entity’.​

Reactions: Emma JC