Substitutes for Common Cravings

I like to substitute chick peas (garbanzos) for tuna in my tuna salad sandwiches. It's not quite the same but it's a good substitute.

"Tuna" salad ingredients: onion, diced small - celery, diced small - dill relish - squirt of yellow prepared mustard - mayonnaise - ground black pepper, to taste - chick peas, cooked, slightly mashed. Occasionally I'll also add some diced green bell pepper.

I also like to have this in a fried sandwich w/ a tomato slice (like a toasted cheese).

I actually think it is better than the real thing.

I have seen vegan licorice, but I am specifically trying to find vegan licorice all-sorts. The kind that are black licorice paired with coconut.

I have seen vegan licorice, but I am specifically trying to find vegan licorice all-sorts. The kind that are black licorice paired with coconut.

you could make some pink coconut icing and then dip the licorice sticks in it.

I have seen a licorice in the shops called Panda Licorice or something. It seemed to be vegan. Im not sure where it is made though. It was in health food shops.

Here it is. It says it is from Finland. Go Finland!

http://internaturalfoods.com/brands/panda.html but it may need to be ordered over the web if not in health food stores.

I've seen that liquorice in Sainsburys, in the sweet section. A few different flavours.

I bought some vegetarian licorice at Tesco:
017%5C5010511469017%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266720967

I don't know if they sell that abroad. It was pretty good.

I like the bag.

TBH im not a big aniseed person. i always get raspberry.

Has anyone here tried the Sophie's Kitchen products? I'm tempted every time I see them in the store, but they are kind of expensive. Might be worth it if they could actually curb my cravings for fish things.

I've not tried because they're not in the budget, but I've heard they're good.

Has anyone here tried the Sophie's Kitchen products? I'm tempted every time I see them in the store, but they are kind of expensive. Might be worth it if they could actually curb my cravings for fish things.
I buy Sophie's Kitchen sometimes and I really, really like them. But, they are expensive and if I didn't get cravings for something fishy like that I probably wouldn't buy them, but I get tired of fighting cravings I get so it's nice to indulge in the Sophie's Kitchen stuff sometimes. The shrimp and the fish fillets (or sticks or whatever they are called) are my favorite.

I buy Sophie's Kitchen sometimes and I really, really like them. But, they are expensive and if I didn't get cravings for something fishy like that I probably wouldn't buy them, but I get tired of fighting cravings I get so it's nice to indulge in the Sophie's Kitchen stuff sometimes. The shrimp and the fish fillets (or sticks or whatever they are called) are my favorite.

Thanks! There is a $1 off coupon on their website right now. I printed two, so I will be able to try these soon. :)

Reactions: AlmandineSky
I have seen a licorice in the shops called Panda Licorice or something. It seemed to be vegan. Im not sure where it is made though. It was in health food shops.

Here it is. It says it is from Finland. Go Finland!

http://internaturalfoods.com/brands/panda.html but it may need to be ordered over the web if not in health food stores.
I love this stuff. :yes:

I bought a few packets of Australian soft liquorice during my stay in Canada and must say that these are one
of the best (except for Sainsbury's Strawberry fizz straws) vegan sweets ever. They are also very good value for money.

I only wish that I could buy them overhere.

I'm craving these sweets. Naturally, they are nowhere to be found less than 1h 20 minutes by plane.