Strange Food Combinations

It must be quite common, but clearly I missed it. I have read that at Christmas some people in the UK eat a mince pie (not meat mince, they are sweet pies) with a slice of cheddar cheese.

I've never heard of that combination; only mince pies with brandy butter. ;)

I used to love cheese and apple. There isn’t a good enough vegan cheese to do that now, though.

And people, they’re called sweet potatoes for a reason. Brown sugar, butter, and melted dandies marshmallows are a perfectly acceptable and delicious addition! :lol:

Reactions: Val
I used to love cheese and apple. There isn’t a good enough vegan cheese to do that now, though.

And people, they’re called sweet potatoes for a reason. Brown sugar, butter, and melted dandies marshmallows are a perfectly acceptable and delicious addition! :lol:

I totally agree about the apple/cheese combination as the latter really doesn't taste like dairy. Most vegan cheeses taste of nothing. :eek:

Totally disagree about the sweet potatoes with marshmallows and even more sugar. :D

I saw a recipe where the Pioneer Woman made a pizza using fig jam plus slices of mozzarella cheese. It did look interesting.;)

The proper way to eat a sweet potato. Ha!
F040F335-1CB0-4F0D-BCC8-35B17AAB714D.jpeg

I love sweet and salty. Kalamata olives and seedless grapes are so good together. Or olives and dried cranberries,
or apples

Reactions: KLS52