Star trek.

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Well, I'm glad to see that the Star Trek vs Star Wars Thread is closed. Seems like a reoccurring theme around here. A conversation veers off the track, and off a cliff.

But I just learned this today and I just had to add it. and it relates to Star Trek and Animal Rights.

From Reddit
TIL that Patrick Stewart hated having pet fish in Picard's ready room on TNG, considering it an affront to a show that valued the dignity of different species

And here’s a secret: Patrick (Stewart) hated the fish in the ready room. Patrick was always after them to take the fish out of the ready room. His point – and it’s a point well taken – was, “We’re doing a series about the species of the universe, about the dignity of different species, and we have a captured species swimming around in the ready room? That’s immoral.” So he never wanted the fish there. Now, it makes for pretty good production values to have those fish swimming around, so visually I could understand why the producers wanted to do it. So, them having me take the fish out of the ready room was actually sort of a bone they threw to Patrick.

- http://www.startrek.com/article/ronny-cox-looks-back-at-chain-of-command