Spring Vegetables

This was the white shoepeg type, I love it. Also there is one with mixed yellow and white that is also great. :)

Yes, and one that also has specks of black.
This post reminds me of a Mexican dish that my cousin made me; stuffed poblanos with fresh corn, cheese and cream. Fried in a batter and served with guacamole and Mexican rice. :lick:

Yes, and one that also has specks of black.
This post reminds me of a Mexican dish that my cousin made me; stuffed poblanos with fresh corn, cheese and cream. Fried in a batter and served with guacamole and Mexican rice. :lick:
That sounds heavenly. :) There is a restaurant near here (well, a bus with tables around it, lol) that has vegan tamales on weekends. :)

Yeah in the grocery stores here the rhubarb is placed right next to the strawberries for pie making. I've never had strawberry rhubarb pie. Sounds good though.

Overall rhubarb doesn't seem all that versatile. Just used mainly in desserts. I'd still like to try eventually.

Rhubarb chutney can be divine, because it has the nice tartness to it. I love rhubarb jam so, so much, but I don't do much else with it.

I'm blown away that there are people who haven't had it though, it seems like something I must eat, every year, like there is no option. :shrug:

Last weekend Whole Foods had tamales on sale in the prepared foods section. They had both vegetarian and vegan.

Corn was also on sale, but corn season here is July. I haven't had good experiences with corn that's been trucked in, so I usually just wait until I can get more local corn.

Last weekend Whole Foods had tamales on sale in the prepared foods section. They had both vegetarian and vegan.

Corn was also on sale, but corn season here is July. I haven't had good experiences with corn that's been trucked in, so I usually just wait until I can get more local corn.
We have local sweet corn now, yum. Our harvest is over already here for many things, but fresh corn we have now. :)

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Bought some artichokes at Costco while I was in town helping my son move out of his apartment... now I gotta figure out how to cook them, lol. Oh, I bought some corn too, and sugar snap peas, onions, potatoes, grapes, brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, mangoes and a pineapple.

I got some artichokes for only $1 each yesterday. I'm so excited to try them since I've only had the jarred ones. I think I'm going to use this recipe:

If you actually view the video make sure to watch the outtakes!!

$1? Geesh...and I thought I got a deal in WF with 2 for $5! :p

Anyway, I hope you love them as much as I do. Let us know the outcome. :)

Reactions: thefadedone
I got some artichokes for only $1 each yesterday. I'm so excited to try them since I've only had the jarred ones. I think I'm going to use this recipe:

If you actually view the video make sure to watch the outtakes!!
So...how did it go? :)

So...how did it go? :)

Honestly I haven't cooked it yet. It's been way too humid and hot to turn the stove on. I don't even want to use the toaster oven in this heat. I'm going to attempt it as soon as it cools down which should be tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: KLS52
00170461.jpg

I spotted these small purple spring artichokes at the local vegetable store last week.

I get very excited when the spring vegetable season starts, as there are so many delicious and colourful recipes to be made.

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52