Spring Vegetables

I always used to stuff them with a mixture of torn up sourdough bread, garlic, Parmesan, and diced ham, plus whatever spices.

I haven't made them stuffed since I stopped eating meat. I just steam them and eat with lemon butter and/or garlicky Vegenaise dip.

I have had the jarred ones before but never cooked from raw. They are nice on pizzas.

I always used to stuff them with a mixture of torn up sourdough bread, garlic, Parmesan, and diced ham, plus whatever spices.

I haven't made them stuffed since I stopped eating meat. I just steam them and eat with lemon butter and/or garlicky Vegenaise dip.
How do you stuff them, I mean where does the stuffing go? :)

Shyvas is correct, Jersey Royals are lovely.:drool:

I've bought artichokes marinated in chili and garlic and they were lush but I didn't really like the tinned ones I tried. I might be brave and try to buy fresh ones to see if I like them.:)

I had artichokes on a pizza express pizza the other day. It was a nice pizza but I don't remember the taste of them standing out at all..the texture was nice though.

Other than that I've never tried them!

Asparagus <3

How do you stuff them, I mean where does the stuffing go? :)

When washing them, I gently expand the leaves and then remove the innermost, very thin leaves, and scoop out the fuzzy bits with a spoon. This leaves a good sized cavity for stuffing. If I have leftover stuffing, I jam bits of it in the outermost leaves.

My mom recruited me to help her make stuffed artichokes at an early age; it's a very fond memory of mine. Making stuffed artichokes is so tedious, but I really don't mind. :)

I have never d0ne that. Artichokes will have to be my next experiment.

Reactions: KLS52
Shyvas is correct, Jersey Royals are lovely.:drool:

I've bought artichokes marinated in chili and garlic and they were lush but I didn't really like the tinned ones I tried. I might be brave and try to buy fresh ones to see if I like them.:)

Here are 15 artichoke recipes on the following link :

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/15-ways-to-use-artichokes.html?page=1

I dare you ! ;)
The only cooked artichokes that I've liked are in a spinach and artichoke dip that I once had
in a restaurant in LA. I find that they taste slightly bitter and are a bit starchy.

I found a nice size artichoke for $2.50 so I bought it. If it turns out nice I will post a picture.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I saw some beautiful looking artichokes at Whole Foods yesterday, but I don't have a functioning kitchen right now, so I didn't buy any.
untitled-png.2381

Reactions: KLS52
I got a juicer a month or so ago... I can hardly wait to make some rhubarb juice. Going to have to wait 2-3 weeks as my rhubarb is just coming up. My wife thinks I'm insane, but I love sour stuff.