Sociopathic animal killer to be released on probation in B.C.

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I think this is one of the scariest people I have ever heard about.

I was going to say B.C. residents watch out, but I think everyone needs to watch out for her. Why hasn't she been locked up in a mental facility indefinitely? Can't they do that in Canada?

She really needs to be locked up for life now, not after she eventually kills someone, which I have no doubt she will do.

A 22-year-old B.C. woman who admitted to taking delight in killing animals and fantasizing about shooting homeless people is set to be released on probation with strict conditions.
One psychologist who spoke with Kayla Bourque ahead of her sentencing Wednesday in Vancouver Provincial Court testified she will likely require supervision for the rest of her life.
Other doctors described her as a sexual sadist and narcissist with anti-social personality disorder and sociopathic tendencies....

...While living in residence last March, she told another student she had disembowelled and dismembered cats in the Prince George area and that she fantasized about getting a gun and shooting a homeless person.
She also said she wanted to kill someone in residence and was taking forensic classes because she wanted to "get away" with something in the future.
MacLean said the classmate told campus security, who alerted police.
Bourque was initially arrested under the Mental Health Act and a search of her residence later turned up a blue nylon bag with a kitchen knife, a razor blade, three large garbage bags, a hypodermic needle, a mask located nearby.
Police also found video clips depicting her killing and hanging the family dog.
"She narrated part of the video as she eviscerated the dog," MacLean said.
Another video depicted Bourque torturing the family's cat...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/11/29/bc-kayla-bourque.html

Other than not being able to own any animals for life, they should have also stated that she needs to stay away from all animals (friends pets, etc.)

Probation is CLEARLY not enough for this woman. She's not going to get the help and looking after that she needs. What the hell. I'm afraid she's just going to end up killing again, and probably escalating to people.

Why hasn't she been locked up in a mental facility indefinitely? Can't they do that in Canada?

Nevermind. I read where the psychiatrists refused to say she was crazy, so they have to release her. I didn't realize torturing animals to death for fun and wanting to kill people was normal. o_O

Sounds like the mental health system is failing in the us or the psychiatrist need his head examined

She'll be in the news again one day. Hopefully she'll go off the deep end and eviscerate herself but I fear someone else will pay for her being released.