Computers So, I'm conflicted...

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
OK, this is first-world problem (not really a problem, haha), but I'm having trouble deciding whether to go Apple or Microsoft for my next laptop (I have an ancient Toshiba Satellite, but the new Toshibas haven't gotten good reviews). I work on a MacBook Pro, which I love. What I don't love is the price tag for the model/specs I'd want. :D Still, they are solid machines, but some of the Microsoft laptops come with much more power/RAM etc., for the money.

Opinions? Suggestions? All are welcome. Thanks in advance. :D

OK, this is first-world problem (not really a problem, haha), but I'm having trouble deciding whether to go Apple or Microsoft for my next laptop (I have an ancient Toshiba Satellite, but the new Toshibas haven't gotten good reviews). I work on a MacBook Pro, which I love. What I don't love is the price tag for the model/specs I'd want. :D Still, they are solid machines, but some of the Microsoft laptops come with much more power/RAM etc., for the money.

Opinions? Suggestions? All are welcome. Thanks in advance. :D

I'm a Mac girl. You really can't beat Apple. They are quite expensive to purchase but last far longer.

Reactions: PTree15
I'm a Mac girl. You really can't beat Apple. They are quite expensive to purchase but last far longer.
I confess I am leaning toward a Mac, but I just need to get over the sticker shock, haha. :D

Windows computers are far more flexible, less expensive and a better value, and you are not tied to a single environment. With Apple, you are effectively a captive audience. You will continue to pay, and pay, and pay for stuff that looks shiny, cool, and hip (all the popular kids are using Apple, after all... :rolleyes:),but there is little substance to the equipment other than a feel good cult following.

Mac vs PC: Which one is best and which should you buy?

PC or Mac? Which is best for me?

Mac vs PC: Which should I buy?

Macs are Safer than PCs, Right?

Last edited:
Windows computers are far more flexible, less expensive and a better value, and you are not tied to a single environment. With Apple, you are effectively a captive audience. You will continue to pay, and pay, and pay for stuff that looks shiny, cool, and hip (all the popular kids are using Apple, after all... :rolleyes:),but there is little substance to the equipment other than a feel good cult following.

What do you mean by saying you have to continue to pay ? I have a Mac and have never forked out a penny once I bought the computer.

Last edited:

Mac vs PC: Which should I buy?

Macs are Safer than PCs, Right?
I have been reading as many mac vs. pc stories as possible. :D I know what you mean about the peripherals/ports, though I have friends who swear by Macs and others who swear by PCs. It's annoying that the base model of the MacBook Pro 13-inch version has just two Thunderbolt ports (which means buying separate adapters). I'd rather they have at least one or two USB ports to ease the transition to the Thunderbolt. Some of the newer PC laptops have both.

I must say that I've managed without all these gadgets.
I have a CD drive/burner, an external hard drive and whatnot, so the lack of sufficient ports is a one drawback. But I do like the machine. I've had mine at work for three years, and it still works great. It does have more RAM and storage space than what is offered in-store. If I add the specs I want, I would be paying about $600 more for the Mac vs. the PC laptops I've been considering. Decisions, decisions.