Six weeks in!

Christine

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
How time flies - can't believe it's been six weeks already since switching from a comfortable lacto-ovo vegetarian diet to vegan, cold turkey. :D In retrospect however, I suppose I had grown uncomfortable with the former, to the point where ethical reasons plus other personal criteria finally tipped the balance in favour of flat-out veganism.

Reviewing these past weeks has nevertheless been educational. The thing that strikes me after what is still in the grand scheme of things a short time is that, though I was (finally!) ready on a thought-based/mental level to transition to vegan; physically it took some time for my body to catch up with my brain and stop rebelling.

I suppose it never fails to amaze how intrinsically linked our food choices and health are, even if like me one might think they weren't doing too badly before and mostly ate the right things! For slightly over the first fortnight my digestive system has been very sensitive/chaotic... presumably from cutting out all animal by-products... but now things finally seem to be falling into place, and I feel really, really great. (Though I do think I need to cut down on eating so many peanut butter sandwiches!)

:)

Reactions: Alex_M
Good luck with your journey! After 6 weeks it will be easier! Yes, if you have some stomach issues maybe you could try to eat some different things. Actually I also like cashew butter instead of peanut butter. Have you tried those?

Reactions: Christine
Thanks for letting us know how it's been going Christine. Congratulations! Yes, they're going between our bodies and our minds and our food choices is pretty big, and influences a lot of things… not to mention the world too, of course.

Funny about your PB sandwiches. Yes, it's easy to find one kind of food that makes things simple to and get stuck on that for a while :) i've gone in and out of many of them... rice cakes with tahini, tortillas and peanut butter, too many nuts, right now it's granola bars and raw food bars.

Reactions: Christine
Good luck with your journey! After 6 weeks it will be easier! Yes, if you have some stomach issues maybe you could try to eat some different things. Actually I also like cashew butter instead of peanut butter. Have you tried those?
Haven't yet - but I do love cashews ! I'll keep an eye out for the butter version!

Thanks for letting us know how it's been going Christine. Congratulations! Yes, they're going between our bodies and our minds and our food choices is pretty big, and influences a lot of things… not to mention the world too, of course.

Funny about your PB sandwiches. Yes, it's easy to find one kind of food that makes things simple to and get stuck on that for a while :) i've gone in and out of many of them... rice cakes with tahini, tortillas and peanut butter, too many nuts, right now it's granola bars and raw food bars.
That's too true, I suppose it's only human nature though to like a food and then eat way too much of it! Ah, I've found granola bars have an insidious way of creeping into the breakfast slot over other, better options: quick-to-eat foods have always been my downfall. :D

Reactions: Alex_M
Try some different breads for all that peanut butter goodness. I like all sorts of bread and sometimes wish I could live on it. Some tomato, banana, or fave vegan cheese on that peanut butter sandwich would be good too.

Try some different breads for all that peanut butter goodness. I like all sorts of bread and sometimes wish I could live on it. Some tomato, banana, or fave vegan cheese on that peanut butter sandwich would be good too.
Good idea! I've been sticking to one vegan brand of bread so far, something picked up just so I have some basic stuff - maybe now it's time to go on a hunt for some more tasty stuff! I've always loved the brown varieties with lots of seeds included. :)

Reactions: alleycat